Community Forum

TRU TV WHERE ARE YOU?!?

New Poster

TRU TV WHERE ARE YOU?!?

Comcast Xfinity claims Tru TV is no longer offered through any of their TV packages as of 5/11. Can anyone confirm this??

Please add TRU TV back into all of our TV packages ASAP. Thanks. 

New Poster

Re: TRU TV WHERE ARE YOU?!?

Tru Tv was migrated off of my economy cable package. I was upgraded to standard double play but Tru Tv was not added to the channel lineup consisting of 125+ channels. A representative said Tru Tv is not being offered on any of the cable packages and that he submitted a ticket. When selecting the channel it says it requires a subscription to watch, but there is no subscription available. Hope Comcast Xfinity will patch the mistake and add Tru Tv back to our channel lineups asap. 

Frequent Visitor

I still have Tru Tv here in the Chicago area. 

New Poster

Thanks for replying. Connecticut here. I will call them today see if they have any solutions yet.

New Poster

Lost today NH
New Poster

Same here. Upgraded but several channels, including Trutv gone. They had no problems removing channels that were included when I signed up, but now have magically dissapeared ( like Showtime). Gone instantly!

Gold Problem Solver

@BasicConsumer wrote: Comcast Xfinity claims Tru TV is no longer offered through any of their TV packages as of 5/11  ...

That's incorrect. Check your recent bills for a note about changes in the channel lineup. In South-Central PA, my April bill for Digital Economy TV service (other tiers may be affected as well) included this:

Xfinity TV Changes Effective May 9, 2018: The Weather Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier and new Sports & News tier; Cartoon Network will only be available on Digital Preferred and new Kids & Family tier; Disney Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier and Kids & Family tier; TruTV will only be available on Expanded Basic; Food Network will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier, and new Entertainment tier.

Why? See http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Complaint/m-p/3089427#M154204.

New Poster

Thanks for replying. I just got off the phone with Comcast representive. It was explained to me that TRU TV failed to renew their contract with Comcast Xfinity and will no longer be offered through any of their TV packages. Sad because we really enjoy Impractical Jokers regardless of the reruns and frankly the only reason I called in attempt to get the channel back in my lineup. The customer service rep. said it would be in the Standard Double Play package. However, it was not and in upgrading I lost my old lineup which included HBO. Now, there is no way to go back to the previous package because it no longer exists. It's not all bad, I pay same price for 125+ channels as opposed to my previous 30+ channels with the same internet speed. Just lost TRU TV and HBO. Maybe Comcast's Customer Solutions Team can add HBO back into my lineup for a year, but I doubt it. 

New Poster

Tru Tv is part of Time Warner based in NYC.  You can send this email below to ask them to renew there contract with Xfinity in Maryland.  

trutvproducts@turner.com 

or mail a letter

truTV
One Time Warner Center
New York, NY 10019-6038

or call

I've was going to subscribe to there new offer for 79.99. but when I saw trutv wasn't on there (along with some other channels with the standard plan) I've decided to stick to what I have now.  Hope it helps.

Gold Problem Solver

@6682392 wrote: ... You can send this email below to ask them to renew there contract with Xfinity in Maryland. ...

I know of no evidence that the loss of TruTV is due to the need for Comcast to renew a contract with Time Warner. Instead, employee ComcastTeds has posted that Comcast has made the bizarre decision to included this channel and several others in Digital Starter only. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/TruTv/m-p/3109233#M94783 says:

In many areas, there are 6 channels that are not in any of the bundle packages. They are specific to Digital Starter only and one cannot get them in any of the "above" packages either (Digital Preferred, etc).

They are ID (investigation Discovery), Oxygen, TruTV, UP, WE, and WGN. These channels are only available only with the Digital Starter package.