Community Forum

TNT Animal Kingdom Audio Issues

Regular Contributor

TNT Animal Kingdom Audio Issues

Every week during Animal Kingdom in the Boston area the audio has pops and static in it at random times.

Only happens on TNT. I have no other issues on any other channel. Happening the entire season. 

How do I report this?

Thanks. 

Regular Contributor

Re: TNT Animal Kingdom Audio Issues

No way to report these things?

Expert

Have you tried watching one of the past programs on ON DEMAND? Do you see the same audio issues there?

Is that the only show on TNT that has the problems?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I will try the ON Demand idea. I dont watch other programs on TNT so I dont know. 

Maybe I will record one after it to see if it happens in that show as well. 

Expert

@Tek wrote:

I will try the ON Demand idea. I dont watch other programs on TNT so I dont know. 

Maybe I will record one after it to see if it happens in that show as well. 

The PGA Golf tournament was on TNT the last 4 days. I saw no problems here in Minnesota.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

We have the same problem on Discovery network channels like Science Channel, History etc.

We have confirmed this is NOT our TV by plugging into the optical audio output on the X1 box - the clipping, popping, static still occurs. 

If you hook up the converted analog audio to an oscilloscope you can see it is horribly blown out and distorted in general, almost as if 5.1 channel sound was down-mixed to stereo using the cheapest possible equipment or simply not calibrated correctly (especially the 'center' channel).

Regular Contributor

The DVR Recording has one audio pop this week. Compared to every 5 minutes like previous weeks.

I watched both the ON DEMAND and DVR recording of the same episode and the ON DEMAND program was clean.

I even compared the same exact scene with the audio pop to the ON DEMAND scene and the ON DEMAND was clean.

I have discovered the same problem on USA with Colony. ON DEMAND Clean and DVR recording has audio pops. 

No issues with Discovery, History, CBS, and so forth. This includes DVR, Live, or ON DEMAND.