Community Forum

TMC, STARZ, Cinemax

Regular Visitor

TMC, STARZ, Cinemax

Bring back TMC it does not belong in a sport entertainment package.  I do not like sport so charge people more who enjoy sports.  

Keep STARZ, if I wanted EPIX I would have purchased it.  If you take away STARZ I understand it will cost me an additional $12.00 a month.  The cost of EPIX is only $5.99, does that mean my monthly bill will be reduced??? 

Xfinity need to honor their contracts, which included Cinemax, TMC, STRAZ, HBO, SHOWTIME, ETC.  

When Cinemax was removed it was replaced with Hitz, which is not user friendly, bring back Cinemax.   We should receive a refund since Xfinity remove Cinemax.

Xfiniteywhat should being doing things to keep their customer's 

New Poster

Re: TMC, STARZ, Cinemax

I Agree

Contributor

d87, 

Get ready for this subject or topic to be moved. They keep moving all the subjects or topics about removing channels. They think this will stop us from complaining about them removing or cancelling channels & not reducing our bills! TCM should never have been put into the Sports and Entertainment package! I looked at the list of channels in that package and there are only a couple of channels that are not sports related! I do watch sports but why should people who don't like sports be forced to purchase a Sports and Entertainment package?    

Frequent Visitor

It's just about making more money, and certainly not about customer retention...although at some point, there won't be anymore customers to retain. It's just not a sustainable plan.

I am as fed up as anyone about the multitude of channels that have been taken away over the years. I have had cable service at my address since 1976, and although I was just a kid then, I still have it today. Talk about customer loyalty, with zero reward.

So I counted...96 channels I never watch, not ever. There are another 54 channels I can only get on cable, but only semi-regularly watch 23 of those. All the rest I can get with an antenna, and I watch almost all of those. So after the removal of TCM, which was a favorite, I don't see a lot of reason to stay with cable.

I'm also inclined to believe that TCM was most likely moved to the more expensive sports package because it is actually a very popular niche channel...they probably figured that a lot of people would go ahead and pay $10 more to follow it wherever they put it. I am not one of those people.

I'll miss TCM, but Comcast finally made me see the light.
New Poster

I've been happy overall with their service, as long as it's within a certain price point. But these changes are horrible. 

Notifications have been horrible. TCM I only learned about via a news article. Cinemax I only learned about via searching the internet and reading more here. Starz I just read my notification was via my bill, which is a PDF that I don't normally read as long as my bill remains the same.  I expect we'll lose ShowTime and HBO next. They can spend $1000's + on telling people their internet access speeds increase, but won't notify us when they're messing with our channel lineups. If the channel providers are increasing their rates too high - tell us who to complain to, and we'll do that. But we don't appreciate the changes being made like this.

I understand the upstream services are bundling and increasing rates. That's an unfortuante thing with the entire industry. However, I absolutely hate that Comcast refuses to honor their agreements. They expect us to honor our side, so the opposite is true as well. The least they could do is honor their existing agreements. Taking a small loss isn't that big a deal if they keep you as a customer. 

I'm not sure how they can't understand why people want to completely cancel cable. 

This was my agreement back last August, where it clearly states Cinemax and Stars are "Included." 

Yes, like in the other "answered" threads, there is a link for more terms (hosted on their site of course, so they can change the terms at any time).  The added terms state they can add, remove, change anything they want. And can give notice by putting something on their website, send postal mail (which I haven't gotten), send an email (which I haven't gotten), or put on a billing statement (which is useless if you're paperless billing).

Your XFINITY Plan

X1 PREMIER TRIPLE PLAY

TV Digital Preferred

Internet Extreme Internet

Voice CDV Unlimited Primary Line

The offer is subject to the terms of your 24-month term agreement.
$230 Early Termination Fee applies.
Your introductory pricing may be reduced by a $5 monthly discount for signing up for Autopay and Paperless Billing.

HD PREFERRED PLUS XF

Cancelled

Starz®

Included

Cinemax®

Included

Showtime®

Included

The Movie Channel

Included

HBO®

Included