Community Forum

Super Triple Play

Regular Contributor

Super Triple Play

On Tuesday we changed our package to the above plan. It’s been nothing but a problem ever since. Having said that the X1 system has worked very well prior to that change. It has everything we need including looking at our cameras and telling the remote to arm/disarm, turn on lights etc.  Although the remote can miss our phrase at times and look for a thermostat instead of lighting. Anyway, we now can’t view WE HD on any of our TVs. The first tech said there was a weak signal that was intermittent after a short time she decided a reset would solve this issue. Unfortunately we didn’t realize we’d loose our recordings and scheduled recordings. That didn’t make us happy at all. I called and a second tech worked to recover our recordings and schedule on the X 1 box but not on the Stream app. That tech said that WE was updating and we’d get it back shortly. Last night a tech called but unfortunately I’d fallen asleep on the couch so I wasn’t very happy with her when my phone rang. Sorry about that Xfinity. She insisted we now don’t have WE so “tough luck.” I downloaded our channel lineup and it’s listed there. We still can’t watch WE which right now is rerunning all episodes of Criminal Minds which is about to be removed from Netflix and stay on CBS All Access. I requested a tech come to the house and someone is today. Is anybody else have the WE problem once they switch to the Super Triple Play? I know I was told it’s TB but I have no idea what that is either. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Super Triple Play

WE Network was one of the channels Comcast dropped. The only way to keep it is to stay on the old package. A few other channels were dropped as well. 

Tek
Regular Contributor

Do you know what the other channels were.

Expert

@lkpolovchik wrote:

On Tuesday we changed our package to the above plan. It’s been nothing but a problem ever since. Having said that the X1 system has worked very well prior to that change. It has everything we need including looking at our cameras and telling the remote to arm/disarm, turn on lights etc.  Although the remote can miss our phrase at times and look for a thermostat instead of lighting. Anyway, we now can’t view WE HD on any of our TVs. The first tech said there was a weak signal that was intermittent after a short time she decided a reset would solve this issue. Unfortunately we didn’t realize we’d loose our recordings and scheduled recordings. That didn’t make us happy at all. I called and a second tech worked to recover our recordings and schedule on the X 1 box but not on the Stream app. That tech said that WE was updating and we’d get it back shortly. Last night a tech called but unfortunately I’d fallen asleep on the couch so I wasn’t very happy with her when my phone rang. Sorry about that Xfinity. She insisted we now don’t have WE so “tough luck.” I downloaded our channel lineup and it’s listed there. We still can’t watch WE which right now is rerunning all episodes of Criminal Minds which is about to be removed from Netflix and stay on CBS All Access. I requested a tech come to the house and someone is today. Is anybody else have the WE problem once they switch to the Super Triple Play? I know I was told it’s TB but I have no idea what that is either. 

normally Comcast won't direct to reset a DVR for that reason. Since it was reset the recordings not stored in the cloud are lost however you have to 'sync DVR' in the menu to restore recording schedule. any overnight reboot would also restore the recordings. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I can’t find this sync DVR option. I have my scheduled recordings back on the Stream but the only recordings showing up are the shows recorded since the reset.
Regular Contributor

WE and ID were the channels dropped in May. We had them up until Tuesday when we changed our package. The tech was a huge help at our house today. He even programmed the Xfinity remote to control our Sony sound system which we previously had controlled with a Harmony One Remote. He also said that I have no control over the Cloud DVR sync. It just happens now and then.  At that point we’ll get our other recordings back on the stream app. Thank you for the help everybody. 

Valued Contributor

Why did they reset your DVR when you switched the package? Did they replace your actual box?

Tek
Expert

@lkpolovchik wrote:
I can’t find this sync DVR option. I have my scheduled recordings back on the Stream but the only recordings showing up are the shows recorded since the reset.

voice remote "device settings", scroll to bottom.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!