Community Forum

Sundance Channel DRM

New Poster

Sundance Channel DRM

Sundance Channel has DRM (digital rights management) applied instead of the copy freely flag. I contacted AMC support regarding this, and this was the response:

Hayden replied:

Official Employee

Re: Sundance Channel DRM

Hi @cincylion

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I can help investigate this issue for you. In order to do so, please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can access your account. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Thank you, for verifying your first and last name in our private message. I wanted to come back to the public thread to gather more details about the error you're receiving. Is this a DRM 403-102 error message? Can you please verify the type of device you are using when you receive this error? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have a cable card installed in a HDHomerun Prime tuner. When scanning channels it shows DRM on the two Sundance channels 165 & 1440. This prevents me from viewing this channel on my computer. I contacted AMC support, they also handle Sundance, they told me there is no reason from their view that this channel should have DRM and the AMC channel doesn't have DRM. Attached screenshots of the channel scan showing DRM. Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (2).png

Official Employee

Ok, thanks for confirming. In this case, I will need to send a few signals to your cable card to refresh the entitlements to your channels. Is now a good tie to do so? 

New Poster

The cable card is available anytime you need ut.

Official Employee

Thanks, cincylion. In order to begin, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can access your account? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employee

Hi @cincylion

I hope all is well. I was not able to confirm whether or not this has been resolved on your end. If you are still having issues, please send me a private message and I will continue to investigate.