Community Forum

Suggestion of new device.

New Poster

Suggestion of new device.

As I was moving tv around the house and reinstall the cable box, I realize that wouldn't it be easy and convenient for Comcast to develops their own version of HDMI dongle and using this xfinity app as their remote. It would make my life easier because i don't need to drill a floor or a wall to access cable if u can just the Wi-Fi. Granted the main box of course need to be wired but for the other tv's can be dongle option.
Expert

Re: Suggestion of new device.

@Hitman128 wrote:
As I was moving tv around the house and reinstall the cable box, I realize that wouldn't it be easy and convenient for Comcast to develops their own version of HDMI dongle and using this xfinity app as their remote. It would make my life easier because i don't need to drill a floor or a wall to access cable if u can just the Wi-Fi. Granted the main box of course need to be wired but for the other tv's can be dongle option.

the wireless xi5 is an option (requires specific Xfinity modem/gateway rental). the Xi5 is a companion set top box that connects via wifi or ethernet.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!