Community Forum

Stop showing phony alerts

New Poster

Stop showing phony alerts

Your "alert" system is horrible.  It overrides the shows with no way to recover what was broadcast.  The alerts themselves are worthless.  Tonight's alert was utterly worthless, reporting an alleged abduction in Roanoke - and there is absolutely no reason to override programming in Richmond for it. Other times, you do monthly tests in the middle of primetime - and those tests are supposedly for a few counties in Tidewater, yet you prevent broadcast shows from appearing in the Richmond area.  Stop this nonsense.  Stop it.  There is no value to your customers.

Expert

Re: Stop showing phony alerts

@johnstoner wrote:

Your "alert" system is horrible.  It overrides the shows with no way to recover what was broadcast.  The alerts themselves are worthless.  Tonight's alert was utterly worthless, reporting an alleged abduction in Roanoke - and there is absolutely no reason to override programming in Richmond for it. Other times, you do monthly tests in the middle of primetime - and those tests are supposedly for a few counties in Tidewater, yet you prevent broadcast shows from appearing in the Richmond area.  Stop this nonsense.  Stop it.  There is no value to your customers.

Comcast isn't responsible for those alerts and has no control over them.  Amber alerts are issued by either your local law enforcement agency or your state agency.  They are issued usually for the entire state, especially in the event of an abduction where the victim's life may be in danger.  EAS comes from the Office of the President of the United States.  It is mandatory and all networks must perform the test on a weekly or monthly basis.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!