Community Forum

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

New Poster

Re: CHANNEL SUBSCRIPTIONS

So Comcast was able to mask their intentions in a billing that 99% of your subscribers are in the habit of looking for  the amount due and the due date. If Comcast intends to make a SIGNIFICANT change in their programing that affects all of their "loyal" customers, don't you think they (the customer) should have the opportunity to be told in a more forthcoming message?

Do you realize the Comcast contract to the residential community is 10 plus pages of legal verbage that even a lawyer would have to ponder over for a week or more to fully understand. When we "the little people" enter into a contract it is done on faith that it will be honored by both parties. What honor does Comcast project when they can break their side of the contract and say "Hey, you signed it. Now it's your problem!!  Go back and read it again. WE have ALL the rights and you have to bend over and pay, or we will bring suit against you."

Comcast has been devious, manipulating, dishonest, disrespectful of their customers, and reprehensible for many many years. I used comcast many years ago and left them because of their afor mentioned practices and only came back because of the new "digital starter package" and what it included under contract. Foolishly I thought in my years of absence that Comcast had abandoned their sleazy ways of doing business but to my disappointment and anger I find myself back in the Comcast web of deceit and lies. Shame on me!!

There is no excuse or compensation Comcast can offer to smooth over the decetful way they do business.

I applaud the speed of their internet service that they have a monopoly on, however, that doesn't give them the right to offer a "CONTRACT" and through legal jargon be able to break their side of that promise and "legally" give us no right to do the same by breaking our 1 or 2 year obligation.

Your TV services, and practices thereof, are not acceptable!! Your internet service is outstanding even with the outages that we put up with. Other than that, I wouldn't personally recommend Comcast for all the above reasons.

New Poster

Re: Why am I no longer able to access TCM channel?

Comcast is deceitful and should be forthright with changes. NOT hidden in a 3 or more page billing statement. I have a 2 year contract with no loyalty to the contract. I should have the right to break my side of the contract as well. Why should I pay for services that are not provided AS PROMISED. Comcast has lost all respect as a viable public business.

New Poster

TCM is gone

I'm paying almost $100/mo. for the Digital Starter package as it is, and now TCM has been taken from us?  I'm getting very close to dumping Comcast altogether from shenanigans like this.  TCM is one of the few channels that makes having cable TV worth it in the first place (now that many once-interesting channels show nothing but reality TV garbage), and now it has become part of a premium package, after having it with basic service for a very long time.  I am not happy.

New Poster

Channel POP

I recently noticed that when I tried to watch POP ( Y&R, B&B, and DOOL) at 6:30 pm est, the channel said that I needed permission. What's up with that?

New Poster

CMTV removed

I'm so disappointed this channel has been removed and moved to the sports package!!! I think it's ridiculous how Comcast is taking away all these channels and not charging us less. Now they want more money to purchase the package. I don't watch sports. And on top of the videos in the morning, with my 2 yr old I watched the tv shows and movies at night (mommy time) comcast is looking like a cancel in the future. This is not the first channel they took away.
New Poster

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

This is terrible. Just another example of greed. Xfinity already charges to much for to little. Thanks for nothing.
New Poster

spike tv

What happened to Channel 57 I think it was called Spike TV...no longer have it.

New Poster

Prior to taking away CMT I was already irritated with how expensive comcast is and how few channels are worth watching. Now that they have removed one of the few channels I enjoy I am going to encourage my husband to cancel. This is outrageous when your paying over 100 dollars a month for ONE cable box. Get it together and stop treating your customers so poorly COMCAST.

New Poster

Re: spike tv

your greedy cable providers decided to take it away because they decided they needed to rip us off even harder. HELLO DISH NETWORK =)

New Poster

How do I subcribe to POP ch70 and is it free?

I no longer can get POP ch70. How do I get it back and is it free?

New Poster

CMT

how do I get CMT back on my line up? It was there last week and now it's gone!!

Frequent Visitor

Re: How do I subcribe to POP ch70 and is it free?

I am also very upset Spike TV is no longer part of the Digital Starter. I loved that channel. Very unhappy with Comcast. Going to email them my frustration and everyone here should do the same. I refuse to upgrade and this blows.

New Poster

Comcast breached its contract.

So I was talking to a lawyer who told me that, since I had certain chanels (spike TV, which was important to us) when they locked me into a two year contract (a year ago) and now they changed it, they are in breach of contract if they charge me the penalty to drop my service.  I'd like to know how many people would be interested in pursuing this legally.  Comcast can either upgrade my service for free so that I still get those chanels that they took away or they can let me out of the contract without penalty.

This whole thing is all the more frustrating because they continue to add hispanic channels to the line up to replace the english ones that I've paid for.  It's curruption in the name of political correctness to cator to so many who don't choose to learn the language of this country.  If anything foreign chanels should be the ones on the upper tier.  And don't think this is a racist thing.  it is absolutlely not.  It is a basic fact that america has a national language and comcast's primary product was sold to me as an american product.  If they want to only add hispanic chanels, than have at it.  But they are not merely adding chanels.  They are replacing them without consent.  Seriously, look at the chanel guide once in a while.

This is on top of the horribly inconsistant X1 platform that I have had to make numerous service calls about...that I have had to take time out of my day for a repairman to come out for...that I have had my show interrupted or completely shut down and had to do a 15-20 minute reset on my box (a dozen times a month).

All this and they still tell me that I'm locked in a two year contract.  The ice breaker really comes with losing Spike TV.  We are regular watchers and it was even discussed when I agreed to the contract that I'm locked into.  It is criminal what they are getting away with.

New Poster

Why is CMT showing as Not Authorized?

CMT has been showing as "Not Authorized" for a couple of days.  Not sure why since it has been a part of my package for years.  Was there a change I was not aware of?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Why is CMT showing as Not Authorized?

@walkerric1313 wrote:

CMT has been showing as "Not Authorized" for a couple of days.  Not sure why since it has been a part of my package for years.  Was there a change I was not aware of?

CMT was moved to a different tier.

http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I tried calling COMCAST twice but both times got ASIA!  I'm sick and tired of this "stuff" (they wouldnt even let me post another word I chose originally!!).  I wanted to know why we no longer have Spike TV or POP, two of my favorite channels.  We pay $103.05 per month now for "Digital Starter" and HBO.  It just went up this past month a little bit.  It's already too much and I can always get rid of HBO but it still costs so much.  HOW can they charge so much and keep taking channels but not giving us any reduction in bill or anything??  I do not speak Spanish, I pay for so many Spanish channels and shopping channels......I do not want them!  You can never ever even call Comcast w/o going thru a bunch of pre-recorded "stuff" and then it's always, "Sorry, I do not understand that" or something!  My blood pressure rises every darned time I have to call.  We've contemplated switching to another cable provider and now w/this latest rip off, I'm ready to!  POP is the channel I go to often, especially on the day of the Academy Awards!  That is my very favorite day of the year to watch TV and now I no longer have POP.  We should all tell them to forget it, we're thru being ripped off!!!!!

Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:

@walkerric1313 wrote:

CMT was moved to a different tier.

Is anyone of any importance from Comcast ever going to come here and address the complaints we all have over moving channels that we had and charging us more for them, especially those of us who are stuck in contracts we're not allowed to change?

New Poster

CMT channel

I recently noticed that I was not able to view the CMT channel, which I had access to since I dont know when, so I called Xfinity customer service to find out why. I was informed that they moved that particular channel to be included in their Sports Package, which of course is not included in my current subscription.

My question is with shows like Reba, Party Down South, Last Man Standing, Cops Reloaded, The Jamie Fox Show, Country Music Videos (I could go on and on...) what classifies this as a Sports channel when they show no sports??

With this channel being available for the longest time to suddenly be classified as a Sports channel you have to pay extra for leaves me very disappointed and scratching my head wondering why.....

New Poster

CMT Lost

So comcast changes the channel package and drops CMT from my lineup and expects me to pay $10/mo for a sports package to get this channel? Not what my channel lineup says -and not what our contracted agreement says either. Great. You change the terms of our agreement 6 months into a 2-year contract. Can't wait til next may...
Tags (1)
image.png
image.png
Frequent Visitor

Re: CMT channel

Happened to me, too, and a lot of other people. Reason is, comcast is scum.

Regular Visitor

I agree completely! Never known CMT to show strictly sports. I liked watching Cops Reloaded, Reba and the rest. To reclassify them as a sport channel s_cks! Thanks, Xfinity for nothing. You always do this sh_t and tell no one. And when you try to get a straight answer from support its always the same, they beat around the bush and they never look at these posts. Oh, and when I tryied posting this, it came back and told me I used a bad word or two. So I have to put in blanks for some of the letters. My, my aren't we so righteous!

Regular Contributor

@dekerlegand300 wrote:
With this channel being available for the longest time to suddenly be classified as a Sports channel you have to pay extra for leaves me very disappointed and scratching my head wondering why.....

Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge is sports based and his Redneck Island has sports elements in it. Comcast must have used those two shows as excuses to move CMT to a Sports Package.

Pretty lame, I know.

Problem Solver

Re: CMT Lost

Hi 11804brandon,

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your cable service. Each year, Comcast considers changes to the channel lineup to manage overall programming costs and better align our more popular packages with the most viewed programming. As part of those regular reviews, Comcast made the decision to move CMT and CMT HD to the Sports Entertainment Package. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

We are very upset that CMT Channel 51 was taking off our line up.  We do not want the Sports package you put that in.  We would like it back.  We called CMT and they said it was your choice to change this.  WE spend 137.20 a month on internet and cable and now you are taking channels away from your customers and charging more.  We want to have the stations we had , BACK.

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast breached its contract.

I would let me know
Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast breached its contract.

I would let me know
New Poster

new channel restrictions

Since when is Spike TV and POP TV  part of the premium package? I have had a Comcast account for over a decade and they have been part of basic package all that time. I tried to watch a movie earlier this week on Spike and got the message that it was part of the premium package. What a crock of garbage!!!!!  This came with out any notice. You people keep removing channels from basic package with out notice rendering it nearly worthless. Getting tired of watching more and more of the channels that I pay for being removed from the line up to sweeten the pot for another package. If this is not the case and these haven't been removed then this issue needs to be resovled and my account needs to be credited!!!

Regular Visitor

Re: Changes in channel Lineup

I had to break my contract because we could no longer afford it. They charged me $220 for that. Now, they are breaking THEIR contract with me by removing those 3 channels. Any chance I can get my $220 returned?  Yeah - Fat and Slim.

I spent 3 hours today trying to resolve this. If I weren't 73 years old, I could not have afforded this time - all to no avail.

Had a chat rep lie to me; Two "retention" reps hang up on me for asking to speak to a supervisor. 3rd rep got me to a supervisor who also hung up on me. Sure would not want their job - I don't blame them. Wish I could better express my frustration with this company, but I cannot.

The current administartion is now making us (via Comcast) pay for people on welfare to get this service FREE. I'm on Social Security; could I get a discount? HA!

Regular Visitor

Re: TV channel

These forums are a waste - just like Comcast credibility. If I didn't need internet for my wife's job, I'd tell them to SHOVE IT and get my antenna back on the roof. Charged me $220 to break contract I could no longer afford - they broke THEIR contract with me by changing my line up. Feel certain they'll refund my $220. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Multiply 20 million customers by $5 and figure their raise in pay.

&^%$#@&^%$#@ &^%$#@  

New Poster

Re: CMT is a Sport now?

I agree.  Comcast always has promotions for new customers.  I don't understand why they don't care about their loyal customers who pay their bills on time and have continued to say with them.  I am very dissapointed in this channel line up change.  I feel that they it is a rip off, but they don't really seem to care.

New Poster

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread tier change 1/7/15

After researching, I found that Viacom owns these channels and they said they are not getting one penny for this increase from us (the customers). So when Comcast says this is why they are doing this, they are lying.

New Poster

Re: TV channel

I too am upset about Comcast taking away channels from a package that was supposed to include these channels and with out compensation. They said I could pay extra to get them back. What? Absolutely not. This is so unfair. 20 years with Comcast and I must say I'm no longer referring anyone to Comcast. And I'm looking elsewhere for services. So sad. So sad.
Regular Contributor

Re: Changes in channel Lineup

@Rustifer321 wrote:

I had to break my contract because we could no longer afford it. They charged me $220 for that. Now, they are breaking THEIR contract with me by removing those 3 channels. Any chance I can get my $220 returned?  Yeah - Fat and Slim.

I spent 3 hours today trying to resolve this. If I weren't 73 years old, I could not have afforded this time - all to no avail.

Had a chat rep lie to me; Two "retention" reps hang up on me for asking to speak to a supervisor. 3rd rep got me to a supervisor who also hung up on me. Sure would not want their job - I don't blame them. Wish I could better express my frustration with this company, but I cannot.

The current administartion is now making us (via Comcast) pay for people on welfare to get this service FREE. I'm on Social Security; could I get a discount? HA!

Find out who your local cable commission is and contact them for help. It may be a city or county commission. These local commissions dictate how Comcast and other cable companies operate within their areas.

Regular Contributor

Re: CMT is a Sport now?

@Swhite2495 wrote:

I agree.  Comcast always has promotions for new customers.  I don't understand why they don't care about their loyal customers who pay their bills on time and have continued to say with them.  I am very dissapointed in this channel line up change.  I feel that they it is a rip off, but they don't really seem to care.

My initial 2 year contract was up last summer and I called Loyalty as instructed by the rep who signed me up to see what I should do. They came up with a plan that of course was more expensive and provided less services. Like a dummy I agreed to it. Then I found out I should have gotten an offer via snail mail to extend my original contract another two years. Do you think they changed my agreement back to the one I started with? Of course not. A year and a half from now, I'll go back to DirecTV and my local phone company, or whatever alternatives are available in my area.

New Poster

Seriously? CMT is moved to a sports package? This is ridiculous. Every year they take away one channel that I watch the most and try forcing us to upgrade to the package they moved it to. I really wish there was more competition out there for Comcast. They use the fact that there is little to no competition for cable/network service and that most have no choice but to use their company. This isn't right. We have dozens of choices for cell phones and home phones. Thousands of options for places to buy groceries or gas. But only ONE to have cable and internet. This makes no sense to me. This is total corruption at its finest. Either Comcast has crippled nearly every other business that has 'attempted' to compete with them or this is political. They don't care about complaints. Their customer service is terrible. Each time I've called I wait on hold forever. I frequently get hung up on and worst of all I need a translator to understand the person. Either the representative speaks very low and is hard to hear, or there are multiple conversations going on within a foots distance in which I can clearly hear. Fed up.

New Poster

CMT

Why was CMT removed from the lineup and put in the Sports Entertainment Package.  CMT has some very good shows and movies.  This is not a major sports network like ESPN, NBA, NFL,or MLB.  This is a Country Music channel!  Please add back to the lineup. 

New Poster

CMT

How is CMT suddenly not included in Digital Preferred?  I've had the same service for many years and that channel was always included. I pay $210 to Comcast every month.  That's not einough?! Is this an attempt to get me to pay even more for an additional channel package?! 

New Poster

Re: CMT

me too.  I said the same thing.  it should not be included in the sport package....it is not a sports channel.

New Poster

Re: CMT

I agree with you This is not only outrageous and ridiculous its flat baloney! !!! It's as if we don't pay them an arm and a leg already for less than satisfying service I am going to look for other providers
New Poster

Channel Lineup

I was just told that CMT HD (channel 864) was moved to the Sports Package. This is absurd. This channel isn't even related to Sports. This is clearly another way for Comcast just to get customers to pay more for their services. They keep removing more and more channels and making their customers pay more and more.

-An aggravated customer

Frequent Visitor

Isn't the sports entertainment package included with the digital premier package.  If so how come I am not able to watch CMT? It says free with subscription. 

New Poster

Re: CMT Lost

I am VERY dissapointed in this tactic ... an obvious attempt to get me ... a viewer .. to increase my subscription cost.  wow.  CMT shows as many reruns or syndicated programs as any other channel in existence.  It is NOT a sports channel ... and a new reality show on that channel cannot make CMT a sports channel.   Please give us back our CMT .... we already pay a high monthly fee for your cable TV and Internet services.  PLEASE !!!!

New Poster

CMT

What happened to CMT?  I really enjoy watching that channel for music videos and programs.

Thanks,

J

Silver Problem Solver
Frequent Visitor

What happened to Spike TV channel 51 in Ocean County, NJ???

Other channels beginning to disappear, also.

New Poster

POP TV channel 182 does not come up - get 183 Jewelry

I used to get POP TV on channel 182 and now when I try it I ge tthe Jewelry channel on 183 - why?

New Poster

Channels on TV

Please let me know how I can get some of the TV channels. I used to have TCM, Spike, BBC World. I no longer can see these. Also please add the HD option

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: POP TV channel 182 does not come up - get 183 Jewelry

@Steph_m wrote:

I used to get POP TV on channel 182 and now when I try it I ge tthe Jewelry channel on 183 - why?

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: What happened to Spike TV channel 51 in Ocean County, NJ???

@typical wrote:

Other channels beginning to disappear, also.

Frequent Visitor

Re: I think there's lying and thievery going on at Comcast

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I checked the website and Spike is clearly listed as part of the Digital Starter package that we have, yet it is no longer available. I connected with a chat rep who cheerfully told me Spike is part of Digital Preferred, never mind what their website says. But she would gladly upgrade us to the Preferred Package so we can watch Spike. I said "let me recap.....our bill has gone up....we have less channels. Paying more for less. BUT we can pay more to get what we used to get for less. Does that about sum it up?" She disconnected chat and left.