Community Forum

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

Problem Solver

Re: CMT channel 66

Hello traciebutterfly,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the CMT channel being moved to a different package. Each year, we consider changes to our channel lineup to manage overall programming costs and better align our more popular packages with the most viewed programming. As part of those regular reviews, Comcast made the decision to move CMT and CMT HD to the Sports Entertainment Package. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Visitor

I too love CMT. I am a country music fan. I just found out that I do not have CMT channel with my package. I was told by Customer Support that I must purchase the Sports Package to get the Channel, which is 866 on my package. I think that is about the stupidest thing I have heard from Comcast. A Country Music channel within a Sports Package. I am now thinking about a different provider where CMT comes with the HD packages for the same price or less. This is ridiculous!!!
New Poster

Why did we lose channel 146 Cmt?

Why did we lose CMT???

Visitor

Re: loss of channels

I totally agree. Just found out that I did not have CMT any longer, the night of the CMT Awards. I called Comcast thinking it was a technical issue. I was told that I would have to subscribe to a Sports Package in order to view a Country Music channel. How stupid!! Makes me think about moving back to my previous provider. At least they give this channel with their HD programming!!!!
New Poster

Loss of CMT channel

Anyone know why Comcast decided to get rid of the CMT channel and now we have to pay for it? I am absolutely disappointed in Comcasts' decision to get rid of the CMT channel. Now we have to pay for it? This is absolutely ridiculous! Thanks a lot Comcast! Now I can't watch the CMT awards!
Highlighted
Contributor

Channel Packaging Complaint

I have never received an answer to my question from your support people as to WHY you would move the CMT channel to a "Sports" package.   That makes no sense whatsoever and really made quite a few people angry as evidenced by the forums which apparently you do not pay attention to.  How in God's name can you call it a sports channel?  Whoever makes those decisions needs to be replaced by someone with some common sense.

If you want your company to be known for good customer service, you need to listen to yuur customers.  I have a "Premium" package which CMT used to be be part of.  I really think you need to give a thought to letting the customer's pick out their own channel lineup and charging accordingly.  I am tried of paying an exorbetant amount for channels I don't use when you take away ones I do.

New Poster

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

Once again, Comcast Xfinity charges more a month then takes away channels like CMT, Spike, POP.  So getting less channels for more money.  Want to get that channel, add on,  pay more......  why do they continue to do this when they say "customer support" is so much better now than years ago. 

Why is a country music channel in with SPORTS packages?  Give us CMT back!!  

Frequent Visitor

what i cant understand is you call to see which channels are on sports packageand they cant tell you 

Frequent Visitor

This is all a money making scheme.  They know CMT is a popular channel so they mix it in with a sports package and that forces people to buy the package just so they can watch that one channel.  Such a waste!  I refuse to buy the package just so I can watch CMT, which is one of my favorite channels.  If I want to watch a show on CMT, I will go on the CMT website and watch the full episodes of the shows I like.  Comcast can kiss my behind.  

Regular Contributor

I lost CMT from my channel lineup even though I DO subscribe to the Sports Package.

Contributor

Hi, I have been monitoring this since the beginning and Comcast calls it the Sports and "Entertainment" package so any channel could be put in it. That said I just reworked my package and added the package to my account for the $4.99 a month limited 12 month price and the channel only works on my tv in the living room with the dvr not the other 2 tvs that I have and I think this is covered somewhere in this forum about minimum requirements (or something) I just wanted to check in and add my 2 cents for what it means.

New Poster

Give back CMT! My favorite show Nashville was just picked up on CMT. I will not pay 9.95 for one channel. 

Problem Solver

Hi clp8810,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experiencing. At this time CMT channel is available thru Sports and Entertainment package. You can also submit a Customer Feedback Form .

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

I subscribe to the Sports Package and have done so for years. I pay $9.95 per month and I do not get CMT. It was taken off a few months ago. When I go to the channel, it says "not authorized."

Frequent Visitor

I think they may have a new channel called Sports and Entertainment channel, I believe that has the CMT channel,  

Problem Solver

Hi marathoner52,

The CMT channel is available in your area with the Digital Preferred level of service.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

So that that mean in "other" areas it is available with the Sports Package or is it Digital Preferred everywhere?

Regular Visitor

I just went through this with Comcast a few months a back, CMT channel was gone form lineup. I called a spoke with a fellow that informed me it was due to them moving CMT to a Sports Network, how on earth is CMT a sports channel. Any way he informed that to receive CMT I would need to change my package from Digital Prefered ( which we have had for years) to the "Digital Prefered Plus Package" and the Sport pack needed would be 9.99 a month extra. Was able to  negotiate that down to 5.99 and new price of 150.00 for 12 months. I will cancel after this as I am done. We pay enough and all we get is less and less service.  

Contributor

I have digital preferred and I only get CMTM (Channel 471) but I do not get CMT (Channel 61) or CMTHD (Channel 686).  Those are the ones we are unhappy about losing.

New Poster

CMT HD

Why do I no longer get CMT HD channel?  Is it possible to get CMT HD thru Comcast?  I do get the music video channel but not the actual CMT channel. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: CMT HD

CMT has been moved to a higher tier. AKA more money to get it.

Frequent Visitor

I just realized that CMT is gone from my PREMIER package. This is unacceptable!  I used to have this, and though I didn't watch it often, my favorite show, "Nashville" has now been picked up by CMT, and I am going to want to watch it.

Pay $10/mo. for a "Sports and Entertainment" package to get CMT????   NOT HAPPENING!

If I am paying $200/mo. to comcast, I should be getting this channel, as I have in the past.

GREEDY, GREEDY, GREEDY.

Put it back, Comcast!

This nonsense ends here. 

Looking into satellite now.

Larry

Regular Contributor

I love it!  You removed 3 channels and raised my bill $5, and now I find you've raised it another $5 several months later.

Gold Problem Solver

SAV0207 wrote: Why do I no longer get CMT HD channel?

Please see http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

Problem Solver

Hello notfair,

I have sent you a private message to further assist you.

Contributor

Hi, I called Comcast today about my Internet speed and when I was done I asked about why I only received the Sports and Entertainment package on my dvr box (anyroom) and not the other 2, he said that a technician would have to come to my house because there is an issue with this so he scheduled an appointment for tomorrow. About an hour later I received a call from a Comcast technician who asked me what the issue was and I explained that the channels show not authorized on my 2 boxes and he said to give him a minute and he entered some codes on his end and they both now work. Yes I had to upgrade to the package but I did not have to change my boxes, so if anyone is paying for the service and not receiving it as I have read in the posts it could just be a matter of speaking to the right tech and believe me I know how difficult it can be to get to the right one but it might be worth the effort.

Problem Solver

Hello john991,

I am glad our technician was able to get your issue resolved. If you have any more issues or questions please feel free to reach here on the forums for assistance. We will be more than happy to help.

Community Icon

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I think it is so sad that Xfinity has taken away CMT and placed it into a sports package.  I wish I could trade them all of those music channels that I never listen to for CMT especially since Nashville will be on there.  I think it is pretty low of them to do this, and I will not pay them the extra fee either.

Contributor

When they moved it to the sports package they released a statement that it was because of low viewership and high cost. Viacom tried to sue to get it moved back but I believe it either got dismissed or is still in a holding pattern,

Regular Contributor

Don't You Just Love It

Here is the notice from Xfinity telling me about moving Spike and CMT to a higher tier.  Good thing their out to help me.

2016-07-19 18.50.53.png
New Poster

Lineup Changes

I have received a notification that described channel lineup changes and I am quite disappointed. As a consumer, I find it enraging that the product that I am contractually obligated to receive and pay for can be reduced or removed. How am I locked into purchasing a service for a two year term when the service can be reduced, thereby reducing the value of the service I am receiving? Will the reduction of service be reflected in the monthly subscription price that I am contractually obligated to pay? I will await Xfinity's response as to how this will be addressed. Thank you.
New Poster

Re: Don't You Just Love It

I have received a notification that described channel lineup changes and I am quite disappointed. As a consumer, I find it enraging that the product that I am contractually obligated to receive and pay for can be reduced or removed. How am I locked into purchasing a service for a two year term when the service can be reduced, thereby reducing the value of the service I am receiving? Will the reduction of service be reflected in the monthly subscription price that I am contractually obligated to pay? I will await Xfinity's response as to how this will be addressed. Thank you.
New Poster

Re: Lineup Changes

I am with you.  I am tired of being told how 'great' my service is and then get an announcement that my service is again being reduced.  And if there is a new channel put on, most of the time it's a sports channel.  Like we need more of those.

New Poster

packages

So, just got my email that CMT will no longer be on digital preferred, but will be part of the sports package. What the h*** does a Country channel have to do with sports? The only time I will end up watching is when Nashville is picked up, but now can't do that! Anyone else peeved about this change?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: packages

The name of the package is Sports Entertainment Package. It is not limited to sports only.

They decided that CMT qualifies as Entertainment.

New Poster

Changing my package

Thanks for letting me you are removing two channels from my package and moving them elsewhere ...  Do this mean you are going to reduce the amount of my monthly bill since you are removing channels?  Seems only fair, don't you think??

New Poster

Re: Changing my package

Thankfully, there are many alternatives in my area. Uverse, a regional Fiber TV and Internet provider, and of course satellite. It is eye opening to compare the channel lineups and see how overpriced Comcast is to begin with. Now they move channels to higher tiers to force people to pay more for what they had before in a previous tier. Their whizbang marketing department can rename the Sports tier to Sports Entertainment tier, but it's just a way to gouge the customer even more. 

This is the last straw for me. Sure, offer me a promo. Promos are a way to pacify someone until the promo period ends. 

New Poster

So, even though, I would never watch anything in the sports entertainment package, the only way to get cmt hd is to subscribe to it?

Since cmt hd has nothing to do with sports entertainment package, it sounds like just another scam to make us pay for something we don't want.

New Poster

CMT channel.

Why, with X1, Digital preferred bundle, do I not receive CMT channel.  This is not a premium channel.  Your customer "service" reps, tell me it is part of the sports package.  There are no sports on this channel!  I am not interested in the sports bundle!  I have been a customer forever and I can't get a station with mostly sitcom reruns.  This is my second request on this matter and I still have not received an answer.  I thought Comcast was better than that.

Frequent Visitor

Re: CMT channel.

I agree with you.  Would love to have CMT but will NOT add sports to my package to receive it.  Makes no sense what so ever!

Frequent Visitor

Why is CMT not available?

I've had the same cable package for 8 years and occasionally would watch Country Music TV.

Now I get a Not Authorized message. Why?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why is CMT not available?

CMT has been moved to the next higher tier.

New Poster

Re: Why is CMT showing as Not Authorized?

Thank you for pointing out the change in teir.  But it changed to part of a "sports" package?  That is a bit of a stretch considering I don't ever see or watch "sports" on that network.  I think that is really a terrible way to package a music channel.  Hope this is under consideration of moving back to reality.

Official Employee

Re: Why is CMT showing as Not Authorized?

walkerric1313 wrote:

Thank you for pointing out the change in teir.  But it changed to part of a "sports" package?  That is a bit of a stretch considering I don't ever see or watch "sports" on that network.  I think that is really a terrible way to package a music channel.  Hope this is under consideration of moving back to reality.

The level of service is called the Sports & Entertainment Package. There is a mix of both sports and entertainment programming in this package. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, the official line was that they moved some channels to a higher tier to be able to offer their customers more options. 

Sounds like a Trump surrogate.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Channel Packaging Complaint

I love how their new commercials say how they're NOW focusing on customer service. NOW??? This wasn't a priority for, say, the last 53 years????? Arrogant creeps

New Poster

CMT channel

According to my address and subscription, CMT channel 42 is part of my TV lineup however, when I went to watch the channel it comes up as unauthorized to view. Has this channel been dropped even though still listed?

Official Employee

Re: CMT channel

celticmist wrote:

According to my address and subscription, CMT channel 42 is part of my TV lineup however, when I went to watch the channel it comes up as unauthorized to view. Has this channel been dropped even though still listed?

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. CMT in your area was moved on January 14, 2016 to the Sports and Entertainment Package.

The channel lineup for your area is attached, also check out https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

Some FAQs here:  http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

And below: 

I tried to watch CMT and it says it's no longer part of my service. What happened?

We no longer offer CMT with your current TV package. This channel  moved to a new package tier and will no longer be available in your current channel lineup. If you wish to continue to receive CMT, please call us at 855‑827‑7019 to learn how you can switch packages for a reduced price. 

Why was a channel removed from my current package?

Each year, we consider changes to our channel lineup to manage overall programming costs and better align our more popular packages with the most viewed programming. If you’d like to continue getting the channel you’re missing, call us at 855-827-7019 to find out about getting it with another package for a reduced price. 

I loved these channels. Is there any way I can still see them?

If you’re missing CMT…

Yes, CMT will continue to be available as part of our Sports Entertainment Package in your area. If you’re interested in switching, give us a call at 855-827-7019 to learn the details.

How can I view my current channel line-up?
For your full channel line-up go to http://www.xfinity.com/customers/clu/channellineup.ashx and enter your address. Also check out https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

How can I find out what my current TV package is?

If you are unsure of your current video tier, please log into My Account to check your current level of service. You will need your username and password to login into My Account. If you forget them, you can look them up here. https://login.comcast.net/myaccount/lookup?execution=e1s1

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:

celticmist wrote:

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. CMT in your area were moved on January 14, 2016 to the Sports and Entertainment Package.

The channel lineup for your area is attached, also check out https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

Some FAQs here:  http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

And below: 

I tried to watch CMT and it says it's no longer part of my service. What happened?

We no longer offer CMT with your current TV package. This channel  moved to a new package tier and will no longer be available in your current channel lineup. If you wish to continue to receive CMT, please call us at 855‑827‑7019 to learn how you can switch packages for a reduced price. 

Why was a channel removed from my current package?

Each year, we consider changes to our channel lineup to manage overall programming costs and better align our more popular packages with the most viewed programming. If you’d like to continue getting the channel you’re missing, call us at 855-827-7019 to find out about getting it with another package for a reduced price. 

I loved these channels. Is there any way I can still see them?

If you’re missing CMT…

Yes, CMT will continue to be available as part of our Sports Entertainment Package in your area. If you’re interested in switching, give us a call at 855-827-7019 to learn the details.

How can I view my current channel line-up?
For your full channel line-up go to http://www.xfinity.com/customers/clu/channellineup.ashx and enter your address. Also check out https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

How can I find out what my current TV package is?

If you are unsure of your current video tier, please log into My Account to check your current level of service. You will need your username and password to login into My Account. If you forget them, you can look them up here. https://login.comcast.net/myaccount/lookup?execution=e1s1

Is there any way to put the channel back where it originally was? Personally, I don't need the sports channels.

Problem Solver

About CMT.com

CMT.com is the authority on country music and the No. 1 destination for country fans who want the latest in country music news and information -- from videos, online radio and sweepstakes to original programming and artist profiles of key players in mainstream country, Americana and bluegrass. Established in 1997, CMT.com features an unmatched archive of news stories, interviews photos and videos.

RadTV wrote:

Is there any way to put the channel back where it originally was? Personally, I don't need the sports channels.

I agree with RadTV.   Personally, I don't want or need any more sports.  It's bad enough that so many programs are pushed aside for sports on network channels.  

Baseball is coming to a close, football is starting up, hockey is over and done with, basketball will be starting after football, these are the professional leagues.   Then in the middle, we have all the college games.  

Sunday night programming is a joke in the fall...   Mondays and Thursdays are joining the ranks.   

ENOUGH!!!!..    Put CMT back on the regular lineup where it was.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE !!!

I was looking forward to "Nashville" returning to TV since CMT picked up the show after ABC dropped it.

Really, comcast, CMT---  Country Music Television----  What part of that says sports???  

And just for the record, I have nothing against sports, just them being shoved down my throat, and into my viewing area against my choosing.      

ciao, bj