Community Forum

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

New Poster

Channel Line up is wrong

My TV keeps telling me to add CMT to my channel line up but it is already added to it. We still can not get the channel. How do I get it fixed so that we can watch CMT again?

New Poster

cmt

We can't get CMT in the Albany Or area.  How do we get it back?

New Poster

Spike

Has spike been discontinued in Pueblo, Colorado?

New Poster

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

Simple greed. You are just shy of a monoply. Most people dont have another provider choice. So because a board of directors is bored with last years Maserati. The decision to take away the highest viewed channel in any given area and slap it with their most expensive "bundle". Stick it the customers! what are they going to do about it. Go...snicker... somewhere else. Absolutely a crooks move. Obviously your customers are nothing but exploitable shmucks to you.

Thanks
New Poster

I JUST WANTED MY CMT!!!

I am a Digital Preferred package customer which give me nearly the full channel lineup. I pay Comcast/XFINITY over $235.00 per month a mounting to a whopping $2,800.00 a year for programming and Internet services. In my area I still get Spike and Pop but they took away CMT which is part of the basic extended package service and placed it in the Sports lineup of all places.  when I asked the representative what "actual channels" were part of the Sports lineup I was told a bunch of channels that I ALREADY pay extra money for!!! I was then told that for me to get CMT...the ONLY channel that I DO want out of their Sports Package which I have no need for by the way; I was told that I would have to pay an additional $9.99 per month! I was also told that there was nothing that she could do. Which I get....it stinks but I get it.

In addition to this I am frustrated that the X1 operating system resets on its own at least 4 times a week and I personally have to either reset it myself because it locks up several more times a week. I also have to call Comcast/XFINITY at least once every two weeks to report a problem. It is utterly ridiculous!

PLEASE BRING BACK CMT TO REGULAR PROGRAMMING!!!

Frequent Visitor

Try looking into HD digital Perferred Plus

Frequent Visitor

For more money Treid? No thanks. I'm not giving them another penny.
New Poster

regular POP

I was getting POP on channel three. It now says 'not authorized' . Why?

New Poster

Spike TV

Why am I getting a message that Spike TV is not authorized?

New Poster

Update Lineup ???

We have always had CMT now it says your must subscribe for free update your lineup we updated our line up and still are unable to get CMT HD or CMT.
New Poster

country channel?

what  happend to the country channel? We now are no longer getting it whereas before we did!! 

New Poster

cmt to sports, dumbest thing ever. comcast is terrible. no wonder so many people go to satalite these days , think its time to get smart and join them,cable tv is a rip off.

New Poster

That Blows! One of the few channels I watch is Spike! Pay for all the other junk channels and don't even watch them! Why don't they just cut out History, ESPN 1&2 and TNT. I may just opt out altogether and go Dish! Don't even use the landline, but can't get any money off for that! Way to expensive for what you get! Working 3 jobs now! Need to pick up more shifts to pay for SPIKE? Then I won't have time to watch it anyway! I want Cops and Bar Rescue back!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

And Auction Hunters.
New Poster

CMT bundled with Sports Entertainment Package? Really? Makes no sense!

As of January 2016, Comcast bundled CMT with the Sports Entertainment Package.

I protest this repositioning of CMT since it makes absolutely no sense to place it with a sports bundle.

CMT schedules country music artists, CMT awards, movies and other programs, all of which have nothing to do with sports.

What's next, VH1 and MTV bundled with 700 Club?

In my opinion, bundling CMT with sports is just plain stupid.

New Poster

removal of channels from my packages and you want me to install a of your updated equipment and then raise my service charges

you raise the price of my services and have the gall to have me install new equipment to conform with the current programming and dont give me one penny to do this and threated to charge me if the old equipment isnt returned in a timely manner, I should be able to send you a bill for my services to connect this and then you delete channels afterwards that were currently on my plans. Im going to seek other means to get these services and thro you out the window asap!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Channel Lineup changes

What's up with Comcast taking channels away from the Digital Starter package?  I received my billing statement in December of 2015 and it provided the channel line up.  I did have "Pop, Spike, & CMT", but no longer have them.  I was told they were moved to other areas, like the "Sports Package" or the Digital Preferred.  However, I could get them again IF I wanted to upgrade my service.  They even offered to give me a "discount" for the first year.  As much as I pay for the services I get now, which are horrible, I am not going to pay a higher fee for these channels.  I am looking into dropping my Comcast services altogether. 

New Poster

Re: removal of channels from my packages and you want me to install a of your updated equipment and then raise my service charges

I hear that!  I had certain channels in my Digital Starter package that are no longer there (Pop, Spike, CMT) and I could get them again if I want them - for a price...  My services are horrible to begin with and no one seems to know why.  Internet times out all the time, phone calls break up or hang up constantly.  I am also in the process of getting quotes for other services from other companies.  Good Luck.

New Poster

Re: removal of channels from my packages and you want me to install a of your updated equipment and then raise my service charges

No one seems to know why?  It's called a monopoly.  I'm not even sure that people would care that much if they delivered what was promised.   Instead it would seem that you're supposed to bend over and say thank you!!

New Poster

CMT

Been with Comcast for 4 months. I cancelled them 5 years ago for constantly raising bill and or changing channel line up. Had a rep come to my door and promise that things had changed, well 4 short months in and CMT channel doesn't work. Called in and they tell me I have to upgrade to a sports package. Looks like Comcast is up to their old tricks. They won't upgrade me for free or discount my bill for not providing me the channels I signed up for. No matter what they say this is bait and switch and per their contract they can do this at anytime. If you want to cancel they can charge you any early cancelation fee (which I would love to see them  try). Horrible company and terrible customer service. Will be switching back to ATT.

New Poster

Re: CMT Lost

This is not an inconvenience, it's called bait and switch! I cancelled Comcast 5 years ago and just went back 4 months ago because I was promised things had changed. Boy was I wrong. How can you change my channel lineup after 4 months? I will be switching providers soon! 

New Poster

Re: new channel restrictions

i too am really kind of ticked off that they have taken away one of my channels (SPIKE) channel that i watch almost every day and now they are adding it to a premium package of which i only have one box that will give that to me . they told me in able to get SPIKE on the other 4 televisions that i have , that i would have to pay another $9.95 PER BOX. This is a crock. My FIOS thru FRONTIER is looking better every day . I have been a comcast customer for well over 30 years . Their answer was " we will give you HBO for 90 days . BIG DEAL. 

Regular Contributor

Re: CMT

nash2 wrote:

Been with Comcast for 4 months. I cancelled them 5 years ago for constantly raising bill and or changing channel line up. Had a rep come to my door and promise that things had changed,

I had 2 reps come to my door and promised me the moon and stars to get me to switch even though I told them I know of Comcasts reputation. They offered me a $99 a month Triple Play plan with the best of everything. I figured since my phone/internet and DirecTV was running me $249 a month, it was worth trying. But, I had one requirement, Selective Ringing on the phone. I had 1 line, 3 numbers, 3 different rings. Worked great for keeping my personal, business and junk calls seperate. Was able to keep my main (private) phone number unchanged for 21 years. The reps said Comcast had Selective Ringing. I signed a contract. I talked my mother into switching. After they finally got my numbers ported (that's another horror story), no Selective Ringing. Turns out they didn't offer it. 2 more lines at approx $26 a month total each.

What I heard about Comcast was right and hadn't changed.

Hopefully, we'll have FIOS or something better in our area a year and a half from now when my 2nd contract with them is up (another maddening, poor Comcast customer service story). My local phone company has significantly dropped their phone and internet rates and are bundling with DirecTV. The speed isn't as high as Comcast now...things change and so might I. My DirecTV dish is still up on the roof, I still have the DVR/receiver and I would only have to disconnect and reconnect one cable to use it again, although Frontier might have to re-wire my house for phone because of the mess Comcast made connecting theirs.

Regular Contributor

Re: new channel restrictions

tonyvolchok wrote:

My FIOS thru FRONTIER is looking better every day . I have been a comcast customer for well over 30 years . Their answer was " we will give you HBO for 90 days . BIG DEAL. 

Frontier is the local phone carrier where I am. I hadn't heard they offered FIOS now. I'll have to look into it. If it's here, acceptable and the price is right, I may be willing to pay an early termination charge to change or just tell Comcast to pound sand. They've cost me more money than they will ever get from me (yet another horror story)

EDIT: Frontier does have FIOS in my area and has a phone/internet/TV bundle and Amazon Prime free for a year. I think I'll call them tomorrow.

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Post moved for avoiding the nanny filter. Read the posting guidelines.

New Poster

They also took away TCM, Turner Classic Movies, and moved it to a higher level service.

New Poster

lost channel 58 (POP)

lost channel 58 (POP)

New Poster

CMT sports package??

On January 1st Comcast move the CMT country music television to the sports package?? What is wrong with them? What does CMT have to do with sports? Just another way to rip you off. 

New Poster

Spike Tv

So last week I had programs recorded on the spike tv channel. When I went to watch them I got a message on my tv saying something like " you have to purchase this channel to watch it". Well the funny thing is, when i got this service that channel was part of my package. I made sure of this because it is one of my favorite channels. I was never told or warned that this channel would be taken off of my package. I literally watch 5 or 6 channels and watch on demand movies. When I called and asked why I dont have that channel anymore a customer service rep told me that it changed to a "digitally preffered package" and was told i could get the channel back for 9 dollars along with some other channels i dont want. Why would i pay 9 more dollars on top of the 200+ dollars that i spend on this service every month for something i already had and payed for when i sign up. Now i also have to worry about the other 4 channels i watch. Will you guys just change those channels to another package without telling me?? Spike tv is a basic cable channel. I had dishnetwork for 2 years before i moved here and literally never had a channel i watched switched like this. I also payed them much less then i pay here now. I'm literally about to discontinue this entire service, save myself some money, and get the channels i want to watch. its crazy you expect me to pay more to get this channel back.

New Poster

Re: CMT sports package??

Actually this type of customer alienating behavior is solely driven by corporate greed. CMT on a sports package...indeed. What's next? NASCAR on the Spanish channels package?

New Poster

Re: CMT sports package??

We already have the Spanish channels that we don't want..........  But not the same channels in English.......

Frequent Visitor

Re: Spike Tv

That's what I told them.....I'm paying more and getting less and now you want me to pay more to get what I was getting before for less money? They hung up on me. Great customer service.

New Poster

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread tier change 1/7/15

Yeah this irks me as well, like I'm just a insignificant peon that Comcast can do with as they please.    What is to prevent Comcast from moving any channels the want to a premium package and charge more for it?  Nothing.  It is stated quite clearly in their terms and conditions that they have the right to make changes to their service including content whenever they want and that the customer is free to cancel their service if they find the change unacceptable.    So basically Comcast has made a calculated decision to make this change knowing that some people may cancel but believe that more people will just accept it and others will even pay more to get the deleted channels back by paying for the newly created premum package.   Comcast will continue to make moves like this to find the sweet spot that makes them to most money.  That is just business.   They don't care about us (their customers), honestly they don't .   They care about the money we spend on their service.  It is simple mathmatics.  If this decision of theirs costs them more than it earns them they will reinstate those channels to the basic package.  

New Poster

Re: Billing and Dropped channels

We are all getting played.  

New Poster

Re: Channel Line up

Yep we are getting the shaft by Comcast and they know exactly what they are doing and don't mind losing a few customers as long as they come out ahead.

Highlighted
New Poster

cmt

What happened to the CMT channelin Bellingham WA?  Is going to work again?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: cmt

CMT was moved to a different tier in my area.

New Poster

CMT

Why is CMT now owned by a sports venue and why is it no longer free?

New Poster

Channel packaging

Can someone explain why the CMT channel moved to the Sports package???  How in the heck does CMT fit into that package?  Who is the brilliant one that came up with that idea?  Oh, it is a gimmick to get customers pay more.  Comcast raises rates and does a ridiculous stunt like this.  Is the company that arrogant that they think cusomers won't start looking at alternatives?  Do you care about customers?  With the amount I pay per month for service, it is outrageous to have Comcast do something like this.

New Poster

Spike TV

We've had Spike TV for as long as we have been with Comcast. Why did it disappear all of a sudden????

New Poster

Re: channel gone

Comcast is taking heat from companies like Viacom after moving numerous channels out of basic cable and into more expensive digital tiers. Comcast's been moving Viacom-owned channels like Spike, CMT and Pop out of the basic cable lineup and "ripping up agreements with cable networks," according to the New York Post.

Click for full size
“This action is in direct violation of our agreement and will increase costs for customers who will now have to pay more for networks that were previously included in less expensive packages,” Viacom said of Comcast's changes.

While the Post states that this is Comcast joining the movement toward more "skinny" basic cable bundles, there's no indication that this has actually resulted in any price reductions for Comcast customers (if you're a Comcast cable TV customer, let us know if you've seen any reduction in your bill in the comment section).

Still, Comcast says the move is about saving customers money.

“Our goal is to provide customers with the best value and most viewing choices,” Comcast said. “However, due to increasing programming costs, we sometimes need to make adjustments to our channel lineup.”

I bet if I tried to cancel you would not ignore the agreement I have stating I would stay with you for 2 years for the discounted movie channels.  I will be canceling when my 2 years are up.
New Poster

CMT

For some reason, we no longer get CMT. One of our favorite shows a it's on this station. There is absolutely no reason for this to be happening. Please let me know how to resolverify asap. I can be reached at Xxx-xxx-xxxx

Amanda Ray
New Poster

missing spike and cmt

what happenedto my chanels that i paid for?

New Poster

Re: missing spike and cmt

I can watch SpikeTV on my X1 digital receiver and the to go app.   But now I know longer have access to the channel with a standard HD digital receiver (JD MOHDUDTA).

I just don't understand these restrictions of channels. It was bad enough that certain channels I pay for were not available in HD format or even any format at all, but to continue to subtract rather than enhance is ridiculous.

New Poster

I WANT MY CMT

Please return our CMT and stop ripping people off!!

New Poster

What Happen To CMT Channel?

What happen to the CMT channel?

Do the consumers honestly have to purchase it when it should be free like the other music channels?

New Poster

How is a Country Music Station classified as a Sports Station. This is unreal. Just another way to scam more money out of subscribers. Time to start  looking for another provider. They all treat you fair at first and then they don't care about the regular customer.

New Poster

Re: why are some channels missing on 1/8/16

TIME 2 CHECK OUT GOOGLES NEW SERVICE...AAARGH

New Poster

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread tier change 1/7/15

TIME 2 MOVE 2 GOOGLE, THEIR MAIN COMPETITORS

Regular Contributor

Re: channel gone

I went to the article page, but there was no comment section.