Community Forum

Smithsonian Channel

Frequent Visitor

Smithsonian Channel

According to the Smithsonian Channel's web site, that channel is available to Comcast, but I can't find it. Does anyone know if it is actually available and what channel it is? Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Smithsonian Channel

Each system has different numbers and not every system carries the same channels
Try this link to find the channel in your area. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I did that, but it doesn't show up, so I'm getting conflicting information. Smithsonian Channel tells me it's there, Comcast says it isn't.

Official Employee

I don't know what to tell you, on my guide its 186 sd and 918 hd
Silver Problem Solver

Not all Comcast areas may have it. Also, at least for me, it's in the Preferred tier, and only in SD. In Chicago, it's channel 153.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks all. It's on none of those channels here.

New Poster

Just got off the chat site with Xfinity regarding the search for Smithsonian in West Palm Beach, FL. It is not listed in the Xfinity market so he suggested that I bring it up on this blog site.

So please anyone else interested in bringing the Smithsonian Channel, a wonderful addition any line up, please comment away!

New Poster

I can't find this station here in Boynton Beach, FL either.  Would love it.  Some great new shows coming, just ran an ad on Ovation (255).  If we don't have it, hope it gets added to the lineup very soon!

Official Employee
Moved:

Administrator
Moved:

started new thread, as this thread is from 2014