Community Forum

Showtime Anytime for Amazon Fire Stick

New Poster

Showtime Anytime for Amazon Fire Stick

I just got my new Amazon Fire stick and when I tried to setup the Showtime anytime Xfinity or Comcast were niether of my choices as providers.  Amazon's Message is that it's not available and I should ask my provider.  So I am asking.... why can I not get my Showtime Anytime on my Amazon Fire Stick?

Expert

Re: Showtime Anytime for Amazon Fire Stick

razrak wrote:

I just got my new Amazon Fire stick and when I tried to setup the Showtime anytime Xfinity or Comcast were niether of my choices as providers.  Amazon's Message is that it's not available and I should ask my provider.  So I am asking.... why can I not get my Showtime Anytime on my Amazon Fire Stick?

Reading through the Amazon support forum, Comcast does NOT support Showtime Anytime.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Why does Comcast not support apps on Amazon Fire TV stick?

I am request that Comcast support these streaming devices fully.

New Poster

I recently switched from Appletv to Amazon Fire tv (similar to the Fire stick) & I am really disappointed that Comcast is not supporting Showtime Anytime & HBO GO. So I too am requesting that Comcast support these apps. 

Regular Contributor

As a Fire TV owner I would also like to see SHOWTIME ANYTIME and HBOGO supported by Comcast. Why is Comcast dragging its feet on allowing access to its customers who pay for access to the premium channels?
Frequent Visitor

This is bogus. They enabled HBO Go and Showtime Anytime on the Roku. Why can't they enable it on firetv stick?

Expert

After reading Amazon's site about Fire Tv and Firestick, I would guess that Firestick is mostly for Amazon Prime users.  I have yet to see any mention of any specific ISP that Firestick works with, only that it needs an internet connection to be able to stream Netflix, HuluPlus, Crackle, etc.  It says that HBO Go is "Coming Soon" but does list Showtime Anytime.  I can see this as something that could be considered "cord cutting" if you subscribe to Amazon Prime.

Fire TV Stick - Official Site

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: Showtime Anytime for Amazon Firestick

I just installed the Amazon Firestick.  

Easy install, but was also disappointed to find that Comcast is conspicuouslyabsent in the cable companies allowing their subscribers to access Showtime Anytime. It looks like it is under Comcast's control to allow their subscribers to access this app, as they must log in.  There must be 2 - 3 dozen other providers/cable companies listed - but NOT Comcast. 

The Amazon Firestick page now shows HBO Go as "coming spring 2015"...  Given their decision on Showtime, I just hope Comcast will allow access to HBO Go...

I am disappointed with Comcast's decision on this.

Hopefully they can reconsider, especially if they are allowing their subscribers to access via Roku.  

Official Employee

Apologies.

The availability of premium channels on Amazon Firestick (and some other third-party devices) are business and technology decisions with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

Thanks for your patience as those conversations continue. 

New Poster

There will be a day soon, when all TV is available through streaming.  This will enable me to pick and choose my channel or streaming services independently.  You would think as an aggregator of these channels for a fee from me that you would figure out how to keep me and not drive me away.  Refusing to enable showtime anytime and hboGo is a short sighted business decision that will cost Comcast dearly as the world of ON DEMAND streaming changes your business.

Official Employee
Moved:

removed as per Posting Guidelines: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

New Poster

Excellent ! This is exactly why I cancelled my comcast cable subscription and only remained with their Internet service.

New Poster

I ordered this device specifically for its false advert of it being hbogo compatible.  i question the integrity of both organization.I am thoroughly disappointed with these findings

New Poster

Assuming you have slight knowledge in regards to everyones dilemma, when will there be a "deal or no deal"

Official Employee

gt3438 wrote:

Assuming you have slight knowledge in regards to everyones dilemma, when will there be a "deal or no deal"

Unfortunately, we don't have an expected date for an announcement. 

I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Amazon and Showtime on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.

Official Employee

ComcastTeds wrote:

gt3438 wrote:

Unfortunately, we don't have an expected date for an announcement. 

I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Amazon and Showtime on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.

All - good news! Thanks for your patience. The link below has additional infomation.

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/hbo-go-showtime-anytime-now-available-for-xfinity-tv-cus...