Community Forum

ShowTime Tiny Picture Like the 1950s

Contributor

ShowTime Tiny Picture Like the 1950s

Is there a good reason to subscribe to Showtime? The picture is the size and shape of a postage stamp. It looks like a broadcast from the 1950s. I feel like a dimwit for paying for this rubbish. The problem is never solved: Comcast blames Showtime, and Showtime blames Comcast. Maybe these companies should stop providing free cable to their employees until this garbage is fixed. The free channels, such as Decades, MeTV, and COZI, offer a full HD experience. With Showtime, you get a tiny piece of piddle--I call it "PiddleDef".

Ed.jpgFree channel in full HD (The Ed Sullivan Show, on Decades)Metal.jpgPremium channel in "PiddleDef" (Full Metal Jacket, on Showtime)

Contributor

Re: ShowTime Tiny Picture Like the 1950s

Looks like the photos were removed. Not sure why (too big? copyright issue? Who knows, no explanation). Trying medium-sized.

Ed.jpgFree channel in full HD (The Ed Sullivan Show, on Decades)Metal.jpgPremium channel in "PiddleDef " (Full Metal Jacket, on Showtime)

Diamond Problem Solver

Admin has to approve pictures because of others posting pictures they shouldn’t have.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Cancelled Showtime today. Problem solved.

Also, downgraded from Preferred tier to Standard. (I'd originally selected Preferred mainly for the TCM channel, but recently that channel was abruptly removed from the Preferred lineup.)

Those two changes will save more than $20 per month.

Next, will phase out set-top boxes and eventually Comcast TV altogether.