Community Forum

Select Triple Play promo does not include WEtv, Oxygen, ID, True tv, WGN America and Uplifting

Regular Visitor

Select Triple Play promo does not include WEtv, Oxygen, ID, True tv, WGN America and Uplifting

Last week, I switched my current promo from the “Starter XF Bundle” to a plan called “Select Triple Play”. I did this because after 1 year of my 2 year term, my cost went up $60.00 per month

According to the email confirming my new promo, my service consists of “TV Digital Preferred Tier, Internet Blast and CDV Voice Unlimited”. I was told by the Customer Service Rep that it would also include all the channels I had on the Starter XF Bundle TV Digital Starter. I had the optional “Digital Preferred Tier”.

I have now discovered that 6 channels (WEtv, Oxygen, ID, True tv, WGN America and Uplifting) are, in fact , missing from my new TV lineup. I checked My Account App and on Channel Lineup link,these 6 channels are listed. I reviewed my past Statements and there was no note that these 6 channels would be dropped or switched to another “Tier”.

I made three calls back to Customer Service, including a supervisor, and received three different explanations why these 6 channels are gone including one about Comcast losing negotiations with several of the networks. Another explanation offered was Comcast decided these particlar channels were “under”viewed and unpopular.

I asked if “Starter XF Bundle”still included these channels and was told they were included, but I could not return to it as it no longer exists. Something about “grandfathered?.” Uh?

Could anyone shed some light on the missing channels mystery for me? Is there any current promo that includes these channels? Thanks for any information!

New Poster

Re: Select Triple Play promo does not include WEtv, Oxygen, ID, True tv, WGN America and Uplifting

After many calls with many agents I was given the same run around. I was told that they are currently in negotiations (we were looking for WGN America) and that they hope that the issue might be resolved by the end of September.  I was given the impression when I made the switch that I would be getting more not less, they sure fooled me....Shame on them.  

New Poster

Re: Select Triple Play promo does not include WEtv, Oxygen, ID, True tv, WGN America and Uplifting

It was the exact same thing after I switched. I am so upset that I have lost my six channels. I also can’t believe I just read it on here happening the same way to other customers.