Community Forum

Schitt's Creek

Regular Contributor

Schitt's Creek

Why is there no "On Demand"  for the first episode of the new season of Schitt's Creek.  The only option is to buy it, which I have never seen before on a current season of a channel (POP) that you subscribe to.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Schitt's Creek

I noticed this too. I posted here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Schitt-s-Creek-601/m-p/3296704

I ended up watching it on my Roku using the PopNow channel. Even better, I was able to simply fast forward through the commercials. Not sure how long that will last until they configure the episode to use inserted commercials.

Regular Contributor

@andyross wrote:

I noticed this too. I posted here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Schitt-s-Creek-601/m-p/3296704

I ended up watching it on my Roku using the PopNow channel. Even better, I was able to simply fast forward through the commercials. Not sure how long that will last until they configure the episode to use inserted commercials.

That is exactly what I have done in previous years...wait until the next day-go to episodes- and one of the watch options was HD.  Maybe they will fix this.  It should at least give you the choice for free to watch in SD.

Silver Problem Solver

I have a DVR and record it anyway. But, if I can watch it in HD, I'd rather do that. To be honest, the picture tends to look a bit soft anyways, although titles are sharp. I wonder if the show is actually recorded in HD, or widescreen SD.

Regular Contributor

@andyross wrote:

I have a DVR and record it anyway. But, if I can watch it in HD, I'd rather do that. To be honest, the picture tends to look a bit soft anyways, although titles are sharp. I wonder if the show is actually recorded in HD, or widescreen SD.

After having watched it in HD all these years, I can't bring myself to watch it in SD.  If I have to, I'll wait a half a year until Netflix adds season 6 to the 1-5 they are showing now.