Community Forum

SF Bay area H&I goes to Decades?

Frequent Visitor

SF Bay area H&I goes to Decades?

I recived no notice of a channel chnage, and the (TVIO) guide stil shows channel 1175 as H&I and showing H&I's programming but what is on that channel changed sometime today from H&I to Decades.  What gives?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: SF Bay area H&I goes to Decades?

H&I and Decades are broadcast networks carried by a local TV station. Most likely, they changed affiliations or moved their subchannels around.

Frequent Visitor

Correct they are broacast networks, but are carried on Xfinity so obiously Xfinity should be monitoring things (however they get that feed) to be sure that the Xfinity channels presented to their subscribers are as described, and clearly they have failed to so so.

Silver Problem Solver

Local stations don't always do a good job of informing other services of changes. Also, you state you have a Tivo, so the Guide info comes from them, not Comcast. Comcast gets their Guide data from Gracenote.

Regular Contributor

I live in the Bay Area, and have both an X1 box and a TiVo. Both have H&I listed for KICU-DT4, but are showing Decades.

It appears that what happened is, KTLN (channel 25) switched to H&I, so KICU-DT4 has switched to Decades. Note that KTLN shows up by its call letters in the guide, and not as H&I.

Note that KICU's parent website still lists H&I as what is on its subchannel, which might explain why Comcast was not informed of the change.

New Poster

Was expecting to see Westerns on H&I this afternoon but it looks like Xfinity as replaced H&I with Decades beginning this first week of August. I hope to see H&I broadcasts on another channel. 

Regular Contributor

@payitforward888 wrote:

Was expecting to see Westerns on H&I this afternoon but it looks like Xfinity as replaced H&I with Decades beginning this first week of August. I hope to see H&I broadcasts on another channel. 

Where do you live? If it's in the San Francisco area, then, like I said earlier, see if you get KTLN (start with channel 25; if that's not it, try going to the X1 guide and entering 5856 to see if KTLN shows up as an option).

Also note that it wasn't Comcast that replaced H&I with Decades on channel 180, but the station that carries it (KICU, which is owned by whoever owns KTVU), according to both the Decades and H&I websites.

Frequent Visitor

H&I (KTLN) is now on Xfinity channle 1068 in the SF bay area with 1175 being Decades.

Also it IS Comcast/Xfinity that is providing the service and that service specifies channels and what is on them.  The fact the station providing a feed to Xfinity changed something is of no condsequence to me, KTLN is not who I am paying for service.    Again Xfinity could rather easily monitor what is going out on their cable to make sure the stated channel lineup matches and make corrections and provide notices to subscribers when there is a change, but they do not bother to do so.

When this happend had there simply been a message about the channel lineup changing I woudl never have posted this.   Despite the change now being reflected in the channel lineup on Xfinity's site stil no notice.  So even after they finally find out about it, they care so little about thier customers that there was no notification.

YMMV but every service interaction I have had with Xfinity/Comcast has been painful.

If I had anoher choice for inetnet service I'd drop them.  Barring that if Xfinity offered higher speed inernet service wtihout bundling TV I'd do that.  But neither of these options are avaiable to me..

New Poster

So funny we need to find out about Xfinity channel lineup changes by a forum post. Thanks for helping me find Star Trek again!
Regular Visitor

Yeah, I called Comcast about this and they’re clueless. Good news, tho, H&I (and all the Star Treks) is still there, just moved to a different channel. 

Regular Contributor

@ThatDonGuy wrote:

Note that KICU's parent website still lists H&I as what is on its subchannel, which might explain why Comcast was not informed of the change.

Update: now the webpage shows Decades, and both Comcast's and TiVo's guides have the Decades lineup (although TiVo still has the H&I channel logo).