Community Forum

SD programming with black bars on top

Frequent Visitor

SD programming with black bars on top

Recently my premium programming SD channels switched to letterbox. (Black bars on top and bottom only). Tech stated that is the way it is. Was not that way before I ordered new services. {super triple play}. Tech stated the only way to fix was to use coax cabel instead of HDMI connection. Did not believe me that the issue had ever presented itself before. Anyone know of a fix that I could use? Or, just a way to get Comcast to address the issue. Thank you.

Expert

Re: SD programming with black bars on top

@davhealy wrote:

Recently my premium programming SD channels switched to letterbox. (Black bars on top and bottom only). Tech stated that is the way it is. Was not that way before I ordered new services. {super triple play}. Tech stated the only way to fix was to use coax cabel instead of HDMI connection. Did not believe me that the issue had ever presented itself before. Anyone know of a fix that I could use? Or, just a way to get Comcast to address the issue. Thank you.

using the voice remote say 'settings'. select device settings >> Video Display and change zoom to 'full'. it will be applied as needed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!