Community Forum

Restore Channel 6 in Knoxville

New Poster

Restore Channel 6 in Knoxville

Several months ago, you removed Channel 6 Knoxville, TN  from our channel list. There was no reason given. I would love to have that channel put back on. It is one of the few news stations I watched. Thank you.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Restore Channel 6 in Knoxville

Because WATE is owned by Nexstar, one of the largest station groups in the country, this tells me that you are in an outlying market from the Knoxville, TN market.

Traditionally, cable has carried some stations from neighboring markets due to regional interest or being as close to another market. As time has gone on, station groups have consolidated, and transmission fees for local stations have escalated, these stations have been removed as contracts expire.

If the station is out-of-market and has been removed, then it is very unlikely to ever come back. Nexstar specifically has made a point of removing out-of-market signals from Comcast systems to protect in-market affiliates. I know in PA, they've not allowed Comcast to share WTAJ's signal in areas outside the Altoona/Johnstown market, even though the station had loyal viewers and the news area covered was more of interest to the viewers in that area. I'm guessing most of your other stations are out of either Nashville, Chattanooga or the Tri-Cities.