Community Forum

Replays coded as "new"

New Poster

Replays coded as "new"

I am looking for some help regarding the way a TV show is coded on the TV guide.  I frequently watch College Football Live and this show is coded as a new episode even when it has played sometimes several times already that day.  This causes issues when setting up a recording becuase I have sometimes 4-6 recordings of the same show.  I can not set it up to record only on one channel becuase some days it doesnt play on that channel.  I am hoping that someone from Xfinity could look into this issue and code only the first episode of the day as "new".

New Poster

Re: Replays coded as "new"

Can someone please help me with this???

Contributor

What channels and times are you getting the same episodes?

Going by the TitanTV listing, it looks like the first airing each day on ESPN2 and ESPNU are both considered new; also, ESPNews does not list it as "new" or "repeat," which usually means that it is considered new "just in case."

New Poster

The timing and channel changes from day to day.  The show usually airs at 3:30pm EST on ESPNU but can often change due to other programming.  Do you work for Xfinity?  Do you have the ability to look into this?  Only the first episode should be labeled as new and the rest as replays.