Community Forum

Removal of the Cartoon Network

New Poster

Removal of the Cartoon Network

This is simply unacceptable. You can try to couch the removal as providing a service but you didn't. I did not receive one new channel because of this. You removed a channel that has been a staple of basic cable service since the 1990s when it was founded!. What you did do, however, is use your power as vertical monopoly to remove viewership from a channel that is part of an ongoing deal to create a competing vertical monopoly with Time Warner and AT&T. This decision is an abuse of power, plain and simple. However you can replicate what should be a standard expanded basic package by utilizing Hulu Streaming and Philo, and that is what I will have to do because you took a channel hostage as a power play between huge companies but everyone knows you don't negotiate with hostage takers. You demand ever increasing fees for ever decreasing service and thankfully people have options outside of your business.

Official Employee

Re: Removal of the Cartoon Network

pgm_01, I understand your frustrations. I'd like to look at options to get this channel back for you. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

KenF

New Poster

I agree, and am looking at options other than Comcast.  I do not see anything now that my son will watch.  Also lost TruTV, which my wife and I watched.  I know I can get all this on Playstation Vue, and then get a different internet provider.  Not sure this company is worthwhile anymore.

Contributor

Comcast service is already garbage... prices just keep going up while the offerings go down.

Official Employee

We'd hate to lose your business. Some of the new packages are cheaper or the same cost for the service you have now with the channels you want. Allow me to explore our options with you. Check 'em out: 

https://www.xfinity.com/channel-lineup-northeast

KenF

New Poster

So someone complains about losing cartoon network (rightfully so) and comcasts way to deflect the issue is to ask the person complaining to send a private message to comcast so they can help them get the channel back? Are you kidding me? If there is a way for comcast to help one person get it back than that option should be available to the public. I want it back, we all want it back, make it available again for all.