Community Forum

Removal of Starz and Movie channel from package

New Poster

Removal of Starz and Movie channel from package

Last month Starz and the Movie Channel was unexpectedly removed from my account. I called Comcast to request a reason and I was told that Comcast could not reach an agreement with these channels in their negotiations, so the services were dropped from my line up.  I was also told that I could subscribe to the services for an additional monthly charge.  Excuse me?  I did not agree to have these services removed.  Since Comcast has suddenly removed these services from my line up, please advise how much my monthly bill will now be reduced and how can I get a credit for the last month of deleted service.  I am not interested in higher charges for reduced services.

Contributor

Re: Removal of Starz and Movie channel from package

There have been numerous posts from us frustrated customers regarding this removal you should read. We the customers will not receive any type of compensation at all.

The following shows Comcast can change just about anything in the service agreement (which you can find through your Comcast account) we customers agreed to when sigining up with Comcast.

COMCAST AGREEMENT FOR RESIDENTIAL   SERVICES  

CHANGES TO SERVICES

Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations. We may deliver any notice concerning changes to the Service(s) and our relationship with you, including notice of any change to this Agreement, in any one or more of the following ways, as determined in our sole discretion: (1) by posting it on www.xfinity.com or any other website about which you have been notified; (2) by mail or hand delivery to your Premises; (3) by e-mail to the e-mail address for your account in our records; or (4) by including the information on or with your bill for Service(s). You agree that any one of the foregoing will constitute sufficient and effective notice under this Agreement. Because we may from time to time notify you about important information regarding the Service(s) and this Agreement by these methods, you agree it is your responsibility to regularly check your postal mail, e-mail, service texts, and all postings at www.xfinity.com or any other website about which you have been notified. If any material change negatively affects your Service(s), you have the right to cancel your Service(s). Your continued receipt of the Service(s) for more than 30 days after the change, however, will constitute your acceptance of the change.

Contributor

You may want to check the status of the channel plan you are subscribed to.  In one part of my account, it says Digital Premier (which is what I pay for).  In another place it says I have Digital Preferred.  I currently can access The Movie Channel, but not Starz (which I had).

Frequent Visitor

They finally gave us back the ID channel but do they really think the Screenpix channels replace the movie channel????  They may have the legal right to change channels on us but hulu and some other services are looking awfully good right now.  We are asking younger members of our family to help us choose what is best for us and it looks like we can get some much better deals for a much better price than comcast.   Love comcast internet but they are lacking in their channel lineup by switching/deleting channels at their hearts desire.