Community Forum

Regional Sports Blackouts

New Poster

Regional Sports Blackouts

I am a Comcast customer who lives 30 minutes north of Indianapolis in Kokomo, IN. According to my geographic location I am unable to watch Chicago Cubs games that are not on the CW or the myNDY channels (WGN Broadcasts). When Cubs games are broadcast on NBC sports Chicago I am unable to watch them because Comcast does not carry that network. On 8/14/2019 the Chicago Cubs were broadcast nationally on ESPN in an away game against the Philadelphia Phillies. My ESPN channel broadcast ESPNNews even though my guide showed the Cubs vs. Phillies. Why was this game blacked out? This has happened multiple times to me this season and I am fed up. I am not in the Chicago region of sports, nor am I in the Philadelphia region for sports. I also pay for MLB Network. When a Cubs game is carried on that channel, I am blacked out. Additionally, when my guide show “Regional Coverage” for an MLB game on the MLBNetwork and it is never a game anywhere close to my region. I’ve yet to see a Cubs, Cardinals, Sox, Tigers, Twins, Indians, or Reds game on MLB Network “Regional Coverage” ball game. I have been a Comcast customer for 15+ years. When I lived 45 minutes directly west of Kokomo in Lafayette, IN and this was never an issue in terms of Cubs games. I want this situation rectified promptly or Comcast will lose a long time customer when the service I’ve prepaid for/billing cycle ends on 9/13/2019.