Community Forum

Ref Code: S0a00

Regular Visitor

Ref Code: S0a00

HelloWhen I turn to NBC (channel 5 in my area) a message comes on telling me I can watch this in HD (channel105); however, when I press the the button on the remote to switch to HD or channel 105 I receive a message "This channel should be available shortlyref codeS0a00This has been going on for at least two (2) weeksPlease let me know what to do. Thanks

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Ref Code: S0a00

That code means the box isn't getting a solid signal from the cable (yes it can sometimes happen with only one or a few channels).  Check all cables/splitters/connections (swap out or eliminate where possible).  May be a weak signal coming in that Comcast can boost, or that you can add an RF amplifier to?

Diamond Problem Solver

That error indicates a RF signal issue on that HD channel.  Signal issues can only affect some channels or part of the band of frequencies.

Most likely you need a tech out to check the levels and troubleshoot the RF signal issue.  Contact Comcast support and insist on getting a tech out.  It could be as simple as a damaged drop cable, or loose / corroded fittings.

In the mean time, check that all connectors are snug on the back of the box, the TV outlet and any accessible splitters.

Regular Visitor

I checked the connections to the cable box and yes, a couple of them were lose.  I made sure they were snug and all HD channels are working great.  Thank you very much.