Community Forum

Redzone Sports Package Never works.

New Poster

Redzone Sports Package Never works.

I had red zone last year with the sports package never had any problems but this year it’s been nothing but problems and at my wits end. Ever since I signed up for the sports package for $15 a month it’s been nothing but bad service picture pixelations etc etc etc. I’ve called Comcast countless times for assistance and always get nowhere. I’ve swapped out my gear and got nowhere. I’ve had technician come out and it it was a battle even having a tech show up for a scheduled appointment. I took off work early for a scheduled appt with a technician for this person to not show up at all. There were 3 cars in my driveway. all lights on and easy address to find. At time appointment window elapses being 7pm of a 5-7pm window I get robitic call saying Technician in driveway come outside. Went outside. No technician was in the driveway. Noone ever came. A week later another technician finally came out and determined my issue was a weak signal saying it had to do with the equipment on the outside of my home meaning i wouldnt be charged 50 extra dollars for the visit. Anyways Tech said he cant fix it but another technician would come out within 48 hours and determine if outside equipment can be fixed or if its a bigger issue. He said if its a bigger issue than it can take up to 30 days to resolve. I asked who would be following up with me and he said he would be calling me back personally in 72 hrs to advise of status with outside equipment being fixed. 72 hrs go by and never get a call. My wife got 1 “robotic” call from generic comcast number exactly 5 days later saying our service is restored. Not the tech calling personally as promised. Needless to say the following Sunday rolls around and my sports package service is still horrible as usual. I proceed to call comcast again for the millionth time it seems like and Im told theres a 1 hr wait but a comcast guy clearly from or in another country said he will call me back at my number once someone from tech support was on the line since hold times were so long. Weirdly there was a lot of background noise on the call with the foreign comcast guy. It sounded like new years eve wherever he was b/c i could hear people counting down from 5 every 5 seconds and cheering after each countdown was over. Ive worked in call centers for years and ive never heard that kind of background noise going on in any capacity. I only mention it b/c of how truly odd it was. Well you guessed it an hour goes by still no call back. The NFL 4pm games start and i still never got a call back. All while service still barely working. I still never got a call back as of writing this post. Here i am on my 7th Sunday of horrible Redzone service still trying to resolve this issue. Went to the “service center” today to ask for help since being on the phones does nothing and i was told the only help i can get is from calling the comcast phone #. He said “all i can do is swap out your gear”. Thanks but no thanks. Tried that already weeks ago and got nowhere. Just called the comcast number and was told by a robot its a 2hr hold for tech support but i can get a call back once theyre ready. Wow. Its a joke at this point the lack of care comcast can provide for someone whos been trying to resolve this issue for months. Im hoping this post will be the last time i have to explain myself and i also hope its also the last time I have to request a credit for my service not working correctly. Im paying an extra $15 a month for a sports package that does NOT work. Every channel isnt working right especially the ones from the sports package. If anyone out there can help its greatly appreciated. This is truly insane the fact comcast STILL provides such horrible service like this. I pay over $250 a month for comcast xfinity services and ive never been more close to cord cutting as i am right now. Please help. A Truly desperate customer.