Community Forum

Recording TV shows or Sports events

New Poster

Recording TV shows or Sports events

when recording TV shows or sports events, please figure out away to allow for adjusting the times for delays and switching channels of networks. I tired of missing shows I recorded because of sports events running late and recording the wrong sports event because it was move to another channel. In the past I was able to use your app to change my recording when away from home., now that feature is missing.

Valued Contributor

Re: Recording TV shows or Sports events

@momaexpress wrote:

when recording TV shows or sports events, please figure out away to allow for adjusting the times for delays and switching channels of networks. I tired of missing shows I recorded because of sports events running late and recording the wrong sports event because it was move to another channel. In the past I was able to use your app to change my recording when away from home., now that feature is missing.

@momaexpress wrote:

@momaexpress wrote:

The feature is missing because Comcast does not have the right to provide this service. As far as switching an event to another channel, that's up to the rights owner for that event. Often, it's a last-minute decision. For instance, a recent NHL game was televised on NBC on a Saturday evening. The outcome of the game was no longer in doubt just before 11:00 p.m., so rather than delay Saturday Night Live, NBC moved the final few minutes to its sister channel, NBCSN.