Community Forum

Re: loud commercials

New Poster

When the law was 1st passed (can't remember when), I noticed the volumes did, indeed, lower, but for the past (maybe) 6 months, the volume has increased again. Why are the networks (or Xfinity) allowed to break the law?  For the money I'm paying for cable, I'd think I wouldn't have to put up with this.

Official Employee

olive2critzer, thanks for reporting these loud commercials. Please send me a private message with your full name so I can have this issue reported and corrected. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have noticed this also on many networks. Does the law also apply to Internet networks like ESPN3?

Official Employee

Serm, as far as I know, it applies to any channel broadcasted--I can look into this if you send me a private message with your name. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

We are having the same volume issue. I'm watching TV right now and the volume is changing from low to screaming loud. It's almost unwatchable! Has anyone found a solution for this yet?
Official Employee

cesteele, thanks for alerting us. This is an issue we must report to the station. Please send me a private message with your full name so I can help. 

Ken

New Poster

I found a solution to the problem. I had to change the SRS trusound and SRS trusurround settings to "off" on my Vizio TV.
New Poster

[removed]...thanks

Official Employee

olive2critzer, looks like you replied publicly. Please send a PM with your name instead. Thanks! 

Regular Visitor

Every commercial is way too loud! What is the fix?

Official Employee

@Johnpitboss1

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I'll have to gather a few details and report it. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.