Community Forum

Re: Where is Heroes and Icons TV Channel?

New Poster

I think that the FCC should make it mandatory that all cable and satellite companies carry all channels that are available over the air in that area. I also think that they make it mandatory that people can pick non premium channels they want and not end up with garbage they never watch.
Silver Problem Solver

There is a "must carry" law, but it has limits. The station cannot demand a carriage fee, and the cable/satellite is only required to carry ONE channel if the station multicasts. I think both the stations and the cable networks would like to even eliminate that. The stations want MONEY, and the networks don't want to waste resources on channels too few people will watch.

Official Employee

Bradleysmom, thanks for reaching out about your package concerns. While some carriers do provide a la carte programming, we do not. We believe that programming choices and diversity of channels currently available would be impaired by this model. We do however offer many different programming tiers and additional packages to add to a tier. Please let us know if we can provide more information about one of those tiers. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!