Community Forum

Re: WHY and without any notification whatsover!!

Frequent Visitor

Does anyone at Comcast have an answer as to why Willow TV disappears from the DVR each time it is recorded about 10 minutes after starting to watch it? If it is the DVR, why do other recordings stay until deletion? I have chatted, spoken with and yelled at people who are advanced technical support who do not have a clue. Paying extra for a subscription and not able to watch the recorded matches, is not a good business practice. And don’t tell me that this is an isolated case. I’ve seen the issues discussed here and on other websites.
Official Employee

Hello, 1StickyWicket! Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums regarding this DVR issue. This sounds super frustrating, and I would love the opportunity to review this further with you. I have heard about issues where some customers see their DVR deleting random recordings, but I haven't seen it where a specific show is affected. Let's take a look at this further together so we can find a resolution. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have had Comcast for years and I know how to use your equipment and especially the DVR. First of all, I have recordings on my DVR over two years old! I have been on the phone for hours with Comcast asking about a very specific issue with disappearing programs. The four different people that I spoke with DID NOT EVEN KNOW THAT THE CHANNEL IN QUESTION EVEN EXISTED!!!
The channel that I am referencing is a SUBSCRIPTION ONLY channel that airs only Cricket and the World Cup has been on since May. When I said Cricket, two of the four people actually thought that I meant the bug cricket. Yes they did! I scheduled a visit from a service person and got a call saying that they had fixed the issue and did I still want the person to come within the timeframe they were scheduled because they found the issue inside the box and upgraded it. Yes they did fix it for a couple days. But it has happened again! Nothing else that is recorded, even the really old programs, is affected. Since I am paying extra for this, I feel that I should be credited for the this and not charged the $14.95.
I NEED to know why a specific program on a specific channel will record and within an hour or two will completely DISAPPEAR from the DVR, and No it is not in the DELETED files for recovery. If I go to watch it, all that is there at least last night were the Highlights of a game that aired earlier in the week. The matches only air one time a day and the rest of the day are highlights of previous matches. I was actually watching the first part of a match that I had recorded and within 15 minutes completely disappeared while watching it. This is a channel that I pay EXTRA for outside the package deal that I have with Comcast. I have personally contacted the channel customer support and they suggested that I contact you since you are the one that airs the channel. The channel is 3101. Willow TV.
Also, I have had my DVR signal sent several times to “correct” the problem. If it was a DVR problem, this
Would happen with other recordings. Each night around 8:10 to 8:30 the program disappears. This is a Live program that is being recorded and can not be viewed again except on the recording. Also, if you are Lucky enough to watch a small portion of the recording prior to the vanishing and want to rewind the show, It eats up the recording and does not let you go back because it is not there. Also, on another tv, if you are Watching anything on the same channel (highlights are all that are shown when there is no match airing) at  Midnight, the tv will “reboot”, I have spoken with so many people at Comcast, last night it was decided, again, that if this happens again tonight, I am to call again, tonight when it has happened and the Advanced Technical person will take a look at this for me, again.  I have been given the phone number of the Advanced Technical team and will give them a call if I have to call AGAIN.  SOMEONE has to know why this is happening.  As I have told the techs that I have spoken with, I am not an isolated issue.  This is happening to many people who have Willow through Comcast.  I have spoken with WILLOW, it is not their issue.  It is a Comcast issue, unfortunately with that, it has also become my issue!!!

Official Employee

1StickyWicket, I really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with those additional details. I am here to help and would love to troubleshoot this with you further. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to continue. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!