Community Forum

Re: Select Triple Play promo does not include WEtv, Oxygen, ID, True tv, WGN America and Uplifting

Regular Visitor

Re: Select Triple Play promo does not include WEtv, Oxygen, ID, True tv, WGN America and Uplifting

I also was under impression of more but found out yesterday that I no longer get WGN.

Frequent Visitor

You should have gotten truTV and Oxygen back by now.  But UP, WE, ID, and WGN America are still only in the "grandfathered" packages.

Why would a channel be grandfathered for several months?  Contract legal mumbo jumbo?

New Poster

I switch over last week so I could add phone service. They informed me that nothing would change except I would have a higher speed internet than I have now.  Turns out that is not true and all those channels are missing, and they say I can't get them back.  

Spoke to 3 agents who each gave me a different story but indicated Comcast is in negotiation with these channels and will not be renewing.  OK, but why then am I paying more and not have access to these channels which I had before I switched services?  

Highlighted
Contributor

the super triple play is the same way too 6 channels missing and i dont like it at all  everyone paying over $200.00 dollars month for tripl plays that have 6 missing channels they need stop hiding info when people switch to new triple play they told that 6 channel s will when they ame out with the new  triple plays it not told there will be 6 channel s missing in black and white that false info comcast needs to get had out of cloud and get togther that why a lot of people are switching to fios becouse of how comcast do i am person i tell it like it is and tell it right to the button we paying for this not comcast since there 6 missing channel s comcast needs to lower the price of triple plays or give everyone a monthly discount on everyone  account i am this close to filing a class acton lawsuit with comcast  for over charging everyone for sevices thank you    

Regular Visitor

I kudos this answer but apparently Comcast decided it was answered and solved. It has NOT been solved and no input from Comcast reps why the 6 channels were dropped from the Triple Play Bundles!
Expert

@catgurl wrote:
I kudos this answer but apparently Comcast decided it was answered and solved. It has NOT been solved and no input from Comcast reps why the 6 channels were dropped from the Triple Play Bundles!

I removed the "Best answer" for you. Unfortunately; when people sign up for specials like you did, it has nothing to do with situations like this where a local station might drop, or change, some of their sub-channels. At that point Comcast looses the right to carry them. The "special" pricing is discounts from regular pricing. Not a contract on what may have been for channels at the time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello everyone. If you live in our Northeast division/market, there have been changes made to the channel packages that we offer in your area. If you switched from a previous Starter (or above plan) into a new package like our: Standard, Select, Signature or Super channel tier packages, that does result in the loss of grandfathered channels that had been included in the Starter plan and are no longer offered in any of the new plans. That is a permanent change and once you move away from that old Starter (or above) plan into one of those new packages, those channels will be gone and that cannot be reversed.  Channels Lost: Investigation Discovery, UP, WE, WGN (varies by lineup.) Please be mindful that this only happens if you live in this specific market where the packages changed.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!