Community Forum

Re: SD Channels Shrunken Down to Center of Screen

Contributor

Hi,

Did Comcast ever fix this for you? After several months of back and forth, the last Comcast rep attempted to tell me that this is the networks' fault and happens with the use of Active Format Description (the rep incorrectly called it auto format descriptor). But, I found out elsewhere that this can also happen when a cable provider doesn't honor AFD programming requirements. I've been dealing with this since earlier this year. The rep also attempted to upsell me to HD. Any information is appreciated.

Official Employee

Jhera, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your reception issues. I know how important being able to view your channels full screen are so I'll work with you to get this resolved. Are you currently viewing your SD content on an HD TV?

Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, Jhera!

We have a separate system our analysts use to track issues that happen on the forums. 

Our team works for the corporate office and wants to do whatever we can to improve our customer's experience. 

I am so glad that you are using the forums to interact with other customers too! This is one of the main drivers for the forums. If you change your mind, please feel free to send me a private message so I can pull up your account. From there if we find a solution, I make sure to post it back into the public thread to help out our other customers who may be experiencing the same issues. 

Thank you for using our forums and for being a Comcast customer! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

One last thing...

As I said in my original reply to CorporateDog, I found several posts both here and elsewhere about how the shrunken down images can be the result of a cable provider not actually honoring the networks' AFD for some reason. Although I have an X1 box, it can also happen on the providers end when streaming to other types of boxes that they've reprogrammed or that their service works with, which, again, is why I replied to CorporateDog in the original thread before my reply was put into this one even though that customer has Rokus, especially given that the problem is also affecting third-party, internet-based apps.

If you go to the bottom of the first page from the thread found at the below URL, customers JankyMcBlango and Rustyben gave great responses on 08-06-2018 about how the AFD isn't likely being honored or programmed correctly by Comcast: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/non-HD-channels-shrunken/td-p/2945565

I've also made PDF screenshots of both pages in case that thread happens to mysteriously disappear or get closed down for being "inflammatory" or "baiting" when it's just customers telling the truth about their experiences.

Official Employee

@Jhera, thanks for your feedback on this. Please be sure to send any agent on this thread a private message for further assistance with this concern. 

Contributor

As I've already said, repeatedly, to the other reps in prior removed posts, I'm NOT looking for help from Comcast. Why would I after all of the negative experiences that I've endured since I became a customer?

I came here to the forums to find out how other customers had their similiar problems resolved because your company refuses to admit that you made a change on the back end in January that has completely ruined the viewing quality of programs.

AND, since I last posted here, I now have yet another programming-related problem. SMH. But, given how much time and money I've wasted trying to get the one mentioned in this thread fixed, I don't see the point in talking to Comcast employees any further.

I again lose TOO MUCH time and money when your Company just runs me around and around -- not to mention how badly the stress exacerbates my health conditions.

So, please note: Unless you or another Comcast employee have a viable solution, I don't want to hear from you any more. And since my account is supposed to be heavily noted, there's no reasons for me to repeat it all here or privately. I'm NOT wasting any more time. And if any of you keep replying to me without providing a solution, I'm just going to ignore your poor customer service.

And to reiterate what I've already stated: I'm retaining a copy of this post so that if it's removed, I can show later that I did try to find a solution since Comcast gave up and just decided to write it all off as "the networks" being the problem after they couldn't blame me any longer.