Community Forum

Re: Only 1 HD HBO channel, the rest (HBO Family, Signature... are all SD). WHY?!

Regular Contributor

Re: Only 1 HD HBO channel, the rest (HBO Family, Signature... are all SD). WHY?!

Same here, only HBO HD channel is 801.  All other HBO channels are SD (thus, picture is postage stamped --border at top, bottom and sides). When I change aspect (zoom) on SD channels with TV remote (since XR-2 remote has no zoom) picture is too large and overflows screen.  Moreover, only 801 often freezes.  My theory is due to Comcast downgraded all 1080i (I'm certain HBO broadcasts in 1080) channels to 720p.  I'm about to dump COMCAST and move to Direct TV and AT & T for Internet. I believe all HBO channesl are in HD on Direct TV.

I've reached the end of the road with Comcast.

Stephen L

Official Employee

SLannes, we are in the middle of converting from MPEG 2 to MPEG 4. What part of the country are you in? What kind of HD box do you have? 

KenF

Regular Visitor

The HBO shows can sometime be found in the HD Xfinity-On-Demand listings. Unless you want to record a show, this may be your best option. Another option is to use one of the HBO streaming apps which will require you to have a speedy internet connection.

Regular Contributor

Yes, If you want premium linear channels in HD Comcast just isn't the best option in most areas. I know from around 2010 to 2012 in Philadelphia Comcast carried over 30 linear premium channels in HD now they carry less than 10. On-Demand is fine for some things but sometimes linear HD channels are nice to have. There are many channels that are available in HD that Comcast doesn't carry that I wish they did. Somewhat disappointing that in 2017 they are still far behind when it comes to HD.

Official Employee

Hello All,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your request for more premium channel content available in HD. We welcome the feedback and are glad to pass these concerns along. 

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

I am in the Seattle Area and I have the same issue! I don't want every HBO Channel in HD either!  I just don't like the fact that HBO East is not in HD, considering Game of Thrones and all live boxing matches come on HD East before HD West.  I don't want to have to wait 3 hours to watch the HD version of it!

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Channel-550-HBO-East-not-in-HD-NFL-NETWORK/td-...

New Poster

I just had xfinity installed and there is still only one channel in HD for both HBO and STARZ.  I live in the Philadelphia area.

New Poster

Ya it is extremely poor that Xfinity only offers a single HBO channel in HD. U-Verse has all of the HBO channels in glorious HD quality.