Community Forum

Re: MSG Channel?! (Connecticut)

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Post removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please do not try to bypass the filter. thank you. Forum Guidelines (which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state Please Don't 2. Use Profanity Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Regular Visitor

This is where a pay for view option would work. Turn on the game and pay for the games...AT&T and Dish now have great options. Comcast can up your rate and confuse you, but not much more. With no options it is an illegal hold on thr market

Official Employee

@wrsjr wrote:

This is where a pay for view option would work. Turn on the game and pay for the games...AT&T and Dish now have great options. Comcast can up your rate and confuse you, but not much more. With no options it is an illegal hold on thr market

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, current programming terms with this network do not allow for per-game or per-channel pricing options to consumers. We also don't currently have an agreement to add this channel to any Sports package, as much as we might want to. 

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. Those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Of course, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. This forum is not the sole source of customer input.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

If Cablevision owns MSG, and Cablevision was just sold, it seems like now is the time for Comcast to put in the effort to get it.
Frequent Visitor

I'll swap MTV, BET, MSNBC, and CMT for MSG. Please. It's about time for us Knick, Ranger fans.

New Poster

This isn't a question of adding a new network. Comcast carries MSG in the neighboring systems with and west of Hartford. Frontier and diercttv carry MSG in the Hartford line up, so the time has come. Switching to frontier now that it's the start of another season and I still don't have a way to watch the Rangers.
New Poster

Comcast already has the rights to broadcast the MSG Network. Most surrrounding towns to the south and west of Middlefield( Comcast of Middletown) broadcast MSG. It is about time other residents have access to MSG. Like most I'm ready to leave Comcast and use an alternate service, not just for the lack of MSG, but the lack of overall customer service. Comcast it is about time you listen to your paying customers. Without use, would you be in business?

New Poster

I also live in the Hartford area and I'm a huge Knicks fan. I switched to xfinity about 6 months ago because I hated losing so many features when UVerse became Frontier. I suppose I could have done more research before switching, but it never occurred to me they wouldn't carry MSG. Not having MSG Network, and having national games blacked out on top of that, will cause me to change providers eventually. It's rediculous not to carry the MSG network, and if you don't carry it, at least lift the blackout restrictions. 

Frequent Visitor

I agree!!! We need support from Comcast for MSG and now also for the YES Network. At this point in the Hartford area, you are not able to watch the Knicks, Nets, and soon the Yankees.

New Poster

Any updates for this season?
Official Employee

@DMBWings wrote:
Any updates for this season?

I wish I had better news to report. Things remain the same for this season.   

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

MSG for upcoming season east of Clinton CT

Any hope for receiving the MSG channel in the Old Saybrook CT area for this upcoming NY Ranger and NY Knick seasons?

Official Employee

Re: MSG for upcoming season east of Clinton CT

@lolathedog wrote:

Any hope for receiving the MSG channel in the Old Saybrook CT area for this upcoming NY Ranger and NY Knick seasons?

I wish I had better news to report. Things remain the same for this season.

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: MSG for upcoming season east of Clinton CT