Community Forum

Re: Fox Sports South not available on Fox Sports Go app with Xfinity subscription

New Poster

Re: Fox Sports South not available on Fox Sports Go app with Xfinity subscription

What happened? Does Xfinity need to pay for this and decided to drop it. I watched Braves on it until about a week ago. Did Xfinity stop it June 1. Terrible!!!
New Poster

Why did the Braves streaming stop last week?
Official Employee

Charles2433, thanks for posting. Are you stating you are unable to use the Fox Sports Go App? I was able to login with my credentials via their website. I only see the following channels available: 

• FOX
  • FOX Sports 1
  • FOX Sports 2
  • FOX Deportes
  • Big Ten Network

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, the app. My son-in-law streams the Braves thru the Fox Go app via ATT, but I no longer can via Xfinity. Why?
Official Employee

Hi, Charles2433. Sometimes different providers have specific deals with the MLB. 

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe#blackout 

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/broadcasts/national_wkend.jsp

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Agreed. I recently switched to Xfinity from ATT (3 weeks) and streaming the Braves is a priority. Wish I would have known. This is disappointing.
Official Employee

@Freeee wrote: Agreed. I recently switched to Xfinity from ATT (3 weeks) and streaming the Braves is a priority. Wish I would have known. This is disappointing.

Thank you for your feedback. Our content teams work daily to bring you the best, most expansive programming possible. In some cases, however, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular television episodes, series, or even channels. We’re always evaluating our catalog as our customer’s needs change, so this content may become available in the future.

New Poster

Hi, I've been watching Braves games on Fox Sports Go mobile app for the last three years as an Xfinity Comcast customer. I was told recently when I spoke with Xfinity customer service that streaming on the app is part of my package if the game is also being broadcast on Fox Sports Southeast. Starting this week, the game appears in the menu of the mobile app, but when I sign in with my Comcast account, the game disappears from the menu. I've tried downloading the app again, and it does the same thing. Is it no longer part of my contract? As I said, I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer since 5/16 and have been signing in on Fox Sports Go. This just happened.

Official Employee

MacBHoward, thanks for letting us know about your concerns with the Fox Sports App. When you log into their website with your XFINITY credentials, are you able to view the games that way? 

Ken

New Poster

I am having the same issues. When I called Xfinity today they were no help. Told me they don’t support third party apps and that I could watch it in their streaming app. Which the streaming app only works for Fox Sports South and Southeast if you are connected to your in-home wi-fi. I contacted Fox Sports and they said I need to have Xfinity “realign my channels” (whatever that means). I wish there was a resolution for this seeing as how these two channels are a part of my package and if my power goes out, there goes the WiFi and tv meaning I cannot watch it on my phone because it isn’t working on the Fox Sports app either.