Community Forum

Re: Cannot activate my Fox News Activation

New Poster

I just got roku a week ago. I have been able to watch fox all week and beginning yesterday there is no place to enter the activation code. I uninstalled and installed. 

New Poster

And I'm sick of it, I also have to input the code on days it actually works for every single show. This is a bumbling joke and corrupt money grabbers are to blame, I should be able to log in 1 time ONE TIME!! if I'm not leaving my network. I'm over Fox and Time Warner, greedy hacks.
New Poster

I’m having the same issue. Did you ever get it resolved on your end? I’ve called Comcast and Roku and NOTHING ...
New Poster

Thanks for posting this. I did exactly what you instructed and it worked. Been having problems for days and only with this channel. Anyways, THANKS!
Frequent Visitor

I am not at that house so I’m not sure if the problem has been resolved. Sadly, I’ve asked to be kept informed of their progress, but don’t really get updates. I know here at this house I have Roku in the back but do not have any problem. I am asked every few days to renter a activation code and once I do, it’s fine. Few is at least 5 days. The difference is really Comcast Charleston here and Comcast Atlanta there. I’m also on Comcast BETA here and BETA does not work there because not home network. Wish Comcast would fix the home network issue there. I won’t be back at that house for another week, but sure once I’m there the problem will be back.

Official Employee

Hello all. If any of you are still continuing to experience issues with this, please let me know.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Not at the house where I was having problems, but will be there next week. Trust me, if problems I will start this again. 

Frequent Visitor

Let me revise that. I am at the house where I have Comcast cable and internet. I just tried the Roku on the tv in the back and on the Fox News app I received a your service provider does not allow this but on the Comcast beta app it runs fine. It appears the problem is with the Fox News app. But we need Comcast and fox to fix it. I will also ask again to get the Comcast beta app working on both home networks. 

Frequent Visitor

I gave up on the news app. My solution: use FOXNow

You log in once and works fine. Streams News and Business channels
Frequent Visitor

I had Comcast out to my house here in Beaufort yesterday. The tech said I need to give the Mac Address of router here in and have it added to account in Georgia. I will try that but suppose I’ll have to talk to someone besides the help in India, can Comcast check this.

Expert

@maria_bertucco wrote:

I just got roku a week ago. I have been able to watch fox all week and beginning yesterday there is no place to enter the activation code. I uninstalled and installed. 

Most apps like this give an activation code on your television. They mention the URL to type on your computer.

Leave the Roku on the screen showing the activation code. Type the URL given on your computer. Once you get to the activation site, it will show a box to type in the activation code. Once the correct code is typed in, it will ask you to select your source for cable co, etc. Make sure to select: Xfinity.  At this point you should see your television screen show activation was completed correctly and the app should open.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!