Community Forum

Re: COZI TV (Seattle area) 352

New Poster

Re: COZI TV (Seattle area) 352

Where is Cozi TV on channel 352 in the Seattle area?

Official Employee

Re: COZI TV (Seattle area)

algoecke wrote:

Where is Cozi TV on channel 352 in the Seattle area?

Looks like broadcast TV station KFFV-TV in Seattle changed their programming from Cozi on 1/16/18. 

You can contact KFFV and ask why, they can be reached at the below. 

3223 3rd Ave S Ste 200
Seattle, WA 98134-1943
Phone: 206-624-2222

This was not a change initiated by or requested by Comcast. We are obligated to carry KFFV's programming in this area. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Since the Seattle Station KFFV initiated dropping COZI TV that was carried by Comcast... Does Comcast/Xfinity plan to replace the missing channel with something similar? COZI was a great retro channel.  I will miss it.  

Regular Visitor

Info...  I called KFFV in Seattle and no one will respond.  You are directed to a voice prompt and your result will be that you can leave a voice mail and someone will get back to you.  Then a mechanical voice tells you that the voice mail is full and your options are to hang up.  As such Comcast/Xfinity, as a service, should find out directly any info from KFFV and disseminate, publicly to it's customers. No? 

Also... Me TV (Ch.72) under the auspices of KFFV, is also gone.  (???)  I thought I saw something about it moving to Ch. 117 (I am in the Olympia area).  Today, Jan.19, 2018, Ch. 72, was airing a cosmetics or sales type channel.

Regular Visitor

Go to www.metv.com .  There you can get some info on Me TV and seemingly a Channel Change.  COZI TV's website still shows it in our area on Ch. 352.  I know it's not on 352 anymore (written Jan. 18, 2018). 

Below is copied from Me TV website:

WHERE TO WATCH ME TV IN SEATTLE

NOT YOUR LOCATION?
Can't find MeTV on your television? Watch this handy tutorial!
For information about picture quality click here.

You can watch MeTV on the following stations:

Seattle - KVOS (Over the air)12.3
Seattle - KFFV (Over the air)44.1 To view the MeTV KFFV station info page, click here.
Seattle - Comcast15 / 21 / 117 (starting 1-30-18)
Seattle - Comcast12 / 72 (until 1-30-18)
Regular Visitor

Follow up.  Me TV is working.  Cozi Tv seems to have been discontinued from programming (too bad...I hope Cozi will come back).

It was weird that my 2 main TV's, controlled by the larger xfinity signal box, were not transmitting the programming on ME TV (Ch. 72).  I was weird because my other TV's, controlled by the smaller Digital Transfer boxes WERE showing Me TV programming.  A simple reboot  (power un plugged from the box for 30 seconds and then re-plugged) fixed the problem.  Me TV is still being transmitted but Cozi TV seems to be removed from programming.

New Poster

I'd like to add my voice to the requests for Cozi-TV to return to the line-up as quickly as possible.  This is a great retro channel that was one of my go-to's.  Seriously, I watched it a lot!  So if Comcast can find any way to carry it again, we would be most appreciative!

New Poster

Thank you to the person at Comcast who replied, but on channel 352 (where Cozi was), itnow says that "this channel is no longer available". So your reply saying that Comcast is required to  carry KFFV programming does not make sense, since you are not showing KFFV programs, unless they are now on another channel. What gives, and yes, we now no longer have old sitcoms and miss them terribly.

New Poster

Thank you, you saved us !! I went on the website and they do confirm that on 1/30.18 Cozy will be in 117 in the Seattle area... wonderful

New Poster

I agree. I also like COZI and watch it more than the regular broadcast channels.

I just spoke with a tech support agent at Comcast and they said that it would be restored on January 23rd. 

New Poster

I hope Comcast will be able to reconnect with Cozi TV to start broadcasting this channel again.

New Poster

I found METV on 44.1 (OTA) but so far no sign of COZI

Frequent Visitor

I can understand if a station decides not to carry the network because they can nolonger afford it (or not profitable enough). What I don't understand is when the entire station is dropped from comcast cable when the station remains over the air with alternate programming. Why isn't the station not still on cable?

Silver Problem Solver

A change in ownership may require new carriage agreements. Although there are 'must carry' rules, in this digital age of multiple subchannels, the FCC ruled that cable companies are only obligated to carry ONE channel. To carry more usually requires some sort of agreement. Many stations want $$$ from Comcast to carry their channel or channels.

New Poster

If Comcast is charging us for that station, and are not providing it, they need to reimburse customers or supply a similar station to us.
Frequent Visitor

Hello Xfinity team,

If you are "are obligated to carry KFFV's programming" in Seattle, why is channel 352 (COZI-TV; KFFVW) listed as "no longer available"? 

-- update: found my own answer, if only to learn when COZI-TV returns: 1/30/2018 on channel 118. Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the great news. It's sad that it was so difficult to find this rather simple information, but kudo's to you for finding out! Smiley Happy 

New Poster

The Local station KFFV is totally unreponsive on this matter...   This is something viewers should rememeber and report re: FCC renewals.

Comcast can help - not renew KFFV contract and "break the links."  Right now, all Comcast connections / recordings act as if COZI is still there and record shows one cannot watch. ("Station Not Aavailable").  If you record "Murder She Wrote" for example, you get 50 unwatchable recordings.  If you cancel recording, you will miss that show/example on any other channel.

Comcast can also offer COZI on a different channel.

Comcast may not have created the problem, but they can help fix it.

New Poster

Today is 1/30/18 and COZI is still not on ch 352 nor is there even a ch 117. Where is it????
New Poster

It’s not!
New Poster

It’s not on 118 in Seattle. Still nowhere!
New Poster

As of 30 January 2018 channel 72 has been taken over by H&I (Heroes & Icons). I hope COZI is just being moved to another channel so we can get it back.
New Poster

Me-TV has been switched to channel 15, but where is Cozi??  Is it really coming back, or were the people at Xfinity confused when they said we'd see it again yesterday?

New Poster

Its 2/2 and Cozi has taken Seattle off of its coverage map. I guess market #13 is not important enough. Comcast would have to decide to provide the channel directly.
Silver Problem Solver

Comcast cannot provide the channel directly. It MUST go through a local broadcaster.

Official Employee

wrote:

Since the Seattle Station KFFV initiated dropping COZI TV that was carried by Comcast... Does Comcast/Xfinity plan to replace the missing channel with something similar? COZI was a great retro channel.  I will miss it.  

Broadcast TV station KFFV was recently sold and purchased by another company. The new owners have made a change in the programming that they provide to us on their over-the-air subchannel.

Apologies, it looks like Cozi is no longer available in this area via any broadcast TV station in Washington.

Some background at the links below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFFV
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cozi_TV

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/108382/expanding-weigel-buys-into-sf-seattle
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/52287/otas-52-million-bid-wins-kffv-seattle

You can contact KFFV for additional information, they can be reached at the below.

3223 3rd Ave S Ste 200
Seattle, WA 98134-1943
Phone: 206-624-2222

This was not a change initiated by or requested by Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

ME TV in Federal Way/Fife is now on Channel 15/115 which used to be a shopping channel. Now we just need COZI back,,,
New Poster

Channel 117 does not exist in the Comcast lineup (yet- 2/11/18). COZI still shows in the lineup with shows but when we go to 352, it has a white screen that says it’s no longer available. 😕. Comcast help! With as much as you charge, we are asking for one good channel to come back.
New Poster

COZI is not on 118, it is UKIDS, cartoons.
New Poster

Channel 72 former ME TV is now on 15/115 in the Federeal Way/Fife area. Now just need to get COZI back