Community Forum

Question about the dropping of Fox College Sports channels

New Poster

Question about the dropping of Fox College Sports channels

Will they be replaced, or are we simply going to be paying more for less now? Or, possibly paying nothing, as Comcast continues to drop what I watch only to add more garbage in its place?

Also, your "naughty word" filters are childish and overly picky, considering the content you air.

Problem Solver

Re: Question about the dropping of Fox College Sports channels

when I asked the same question I was told other sports channels are asking for more money and therefore comcast made a Decision to cut out FCS channels.

I'm gonna miss em Smiley Sad

Problem Solver

the stations have just went black.

according to comcast they just let the contract expire or renewing without even fighting for it. that's what the texts say I'm pretty sure FCS wasn't asking a whole lot and I would be glad to pay the price hike

Unreal

we just lost some sports content to the Sports and entertainment package and all anyone on here tells me is probably other channels asked for more and I'm lucky not to be paying more

Look bro if the content is good I'll pay more

Silver Problem Solver

It looks like Comcast came to an agreement with several Fox networks. FCS will not come back due to low ratings:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/comcast-reaches-carriage-deal-with-fox-news-1483300195?mod=pls_whats_new...

Contributor

I'm really unhappy about Comcast's dropping the Fox College Sports channels.  I'm a longtime fan of women's college basketball.  I've watched dozens of games on FCS during past seasons.  Two questions: what's left in my sports package? will my bill decrease?  I don't subscribe to the WSJ, so I was unable to read the article linked to above.  

Gold Problem Solver

athena14 wrote: ... I don't subscribe to the WSJ, so I was unable to read the article linked to above.  

Try one of the results at https://www.google.com/search?q=Comcast+Reaches+Carriage+Deal+With+Fox+News

New Poster

If Comcast has dropped 3 channels from the Sports packagae, am I going to be charged less for such package? My guess is Comcast won't drop the price because with this company the customer always has to pay more for less.

Contributor

It appears we will "soon" be able to access those 3 FSC channels, but not on TV.  

There's now a notice on the Fox Sports channels that soon you will be able to stream their content on Xfinity.com or the Xfinity mobile app.  (Rebkell's)
New Poster

Comcast says that I will soon be able to watch these sports channels on line - are they telling me to drop cable!
Frequent Visitor

I am really missing the FCS channels today since they are showing Ok State and Iowa  wrestling live on them right now..   Two of the top 3 college wrestling teams..    I wonder if they'll have the FCS channels on the tv  channels??  You kinda wonder if more misc channels will start to go this way to free up bandwidth on cable??  Have stuff On Demand like X1  does with EPL soccer..  I'd be OK with that if they can add additional sports channels...      They already sorta do it with Sundance On Demand.  At least in my area, Sundance is only available in SD but the On Demand is in HD..

New Poster

So sorry to see them go. I am not going to be able to watch it on the live streaming because I am allergic to the microwave frequencies emitted by the smart phones. I guess I will have to go to a provider that carries them. Direct TV is always trying to get me to sign up at Sam's club for outrageous lower price.

New Poster

That would save me $112/month. 

Contributor

So I noticed that around the time when Fox sports 2 got added to my lineup, (Mid -december) I no longer had access to the 3 Fox college sports streams on the App/website.(they were dropped from the TV lineup over a year ago.

are they ever coming back? was this a true "swap"?

I can still access these events/channels on the fox sportsgo APP, but will that dissapear because comcast seemingly has dropped these channels altogether?