Community Forum

Question about BTN and TVgo

New Poster

Question about BTN and TVgo

Hello, I am yet another customer that is extremely disappointed with the decision to drop BTN from many markets. We are exploring many avenues to get it which include dropping Comcast and moving towards total streaming with either Hulu or PlayStation vue.  We have until football season to make our changes. 

That said, I noticed that on my xfinity streaming app on my iPad, BTN is there as a TVGO channel. I am not talking about BTNGo, the online channel, but instead all the various channels available as TVGO channels, of which BTN is one.  BTN is no longer available to us as a regular channel on the streaming app (or from our cable box). This is presently the only way we can see it.  It is only there through TVGO. 

Will that TVGO channel remain available to all customers?  If so, then a possible solution for customers is to simply cast this streamed channel to their TV with an adapter.  It’s weird to be able to see a channel only on a device, instead of though the TV, but this is easier than making all those “cutting the cord” type changes. Although I was looking forward to seeing more 4K options with full time streaming.