Community Forum

QVC2, QVC3 and Exclusive X1-Only Channels

Problem Solver

QVC2, QVC3 and Exclusive X1-Only Channels

I am hearing reports that many areas are seeing some channel additions, notably QVC2 and QVC3 currently. These channels are exclusive to the X1 platform in HD, and not available to those on older equipment or on Tivo or other CableCard-based systems.

These channels, in addition to some like Newsmax, i24 News and Z Living, were added in the past few months, but do not show up on channel guides to this day, including Comcast's own. Is there somewhere that lists these channels as being available, and where they can be located?

It would be advisable if they were listed on Comcast's own channel listings, even if there was a caveat of being X1 only. Similar notations are made for regional sports networks and their respective territories on those listings.

New Poster

Re: QVC2, QVC3 and Exclusive X1-Only Channels

I would love to know why I can't watch QVC2 and 3 on my new television.  If the shopping channels are included in my package, why aren't these 2 others on Comcast?

Problem Solver

Do you have an X1? If so, you should be able to see these channels. If not, then you can't.

New Poster

I don't even know what an X1 is?  So no I don't have one.

Official Employee

Hi ladyjj513, here is a link that goes over our X1 service.  If interested in upgrading the X1 equipment and QVC2/3 please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

I'm using a Tivo only with my comcast cable service (Garden State, NJ) and these IP Channels are not available with my TV channel lineup. Not fair to me what because I choose to use a Tivo DVR instead of X1 DVR. I'm still paying my bill ontime.

Official Employee

tstack, thanks for your feedback! Right now those channels are specifically for the X1 platform or a compatible customer-owned device (supported Roku device or Samsung Smart TV) but I'll send your feedback to my leadership. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

Thank you as for the Samsung Smart TV with Xfinity is there any additional charge when using the App?
Official Employee

tstack, there are no fees for using the app--it comes with your XFINITY Service. You are subject to taxes and fees as applicable, with your residential plan as you would normally with a cable box. 

Most Valued Poster

So I only use one Tivo with one cable card so if I sign into the App will this count as another box?
Official Employee

So I only use one Tivo with one cable card so if I sign into the App will this count as another box?

Nope, it doesn't count as another box/outlet. 

I have one DVR at home but I have a Roku connected to my projector in my bedroom and stream on my tablet sometimes. I still am considered a 1 box customer. 

Ken

Most Valued Poster

So Streaming on TV using the Xfinity Stream app Samsung won't cost me anything?
Official Employee

So Streaming on TV using the Xfinity Stream app Samsung won't cost me anything?

tstack, no there are no extra costs to use the app. I know it's hard to believe. lol