Community Forum

Programming

New Poster

Programming

Every year the biggest Bicycle Race in the world takes place and EVERY YEAR you guys can't seem to get it right.  Every year it's live, in France, at the crack of dawn.  Those of us who work cannot get up and watch the live event.  So we count on you to carry it on a station late that day in prime time.  

EVERY SINGLE YEAR you show it when YOU want to.   You play it sometimes during the week, but never on weekends.  The Tour de France is only once a year and only for about three weeks.  Can't you get it right?  Can't you just play the race EVERY NIGHT during prime time, (8 PM), consistantly and not just the days you feel like it?

Don't write back with an apology or passing the buck.  Every year we, your customers, pay a ridiculous amount money for cable and EVERY YEAR we ask you to do this one thing.   

How you like to play "part of the Super Bowl" on "some nights"?  The answer is you would not.  

Whoever does the programming has to be out of their mind to show part of a race here and part of a race there.  

Thanks for nothing.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Programming

If it helps, Here’s a schedule
https://www.google.com/amp/s/olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/07/03/tour-de-france-tv-streaming-schedule/...
Or a cycling pass
https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/cycling?utm_tags=goldcyc1127

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, WayneX! I'm sorry that you feel that way. ComcastAndrew provided information about the schedule and a Cycling Pass. I can also offer you a DVR option, where you can record your favorite shows and watch it at a convenient time for you. Would you be interested? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@WayneX wrote:

Every year the biggest Bicycle Race in the world takes place and EVERY YEAR you guys can't seem to get it right.  Every year it's live, in France, at the crack of dawn.  Those of us who work cannot get up and watch the live event.  So we count on you to carry it on a station late that day in prime time.  

EVERY SINGLE YEAR you show it when YOU want to.   You play it sometimes during the week, but never on weekends.  The Tour de France is only once a year and only for about three weeks.  Can't you get it right?  Can't you just play the race EVERY NIGHT during prime time, (8 PM), consistantly and not just the days you feel like it?

Question: are you talking about some streaming service, or about the coverage on NBC Sports Network (which can't air it on Friday or Saturday nights if there's a NASCAR race at the same time that it is contractually required to show)? It is not up to Comcast to record NBC Sports's Tour de France coverage so it can be aired later that night, especially if NBC Sports itself is doing it.

Pardon me for asking, but don't you have a DVR? That way, you can record every day's live coverage and play it back whenever you want. You also don't have to worry about a 4-hour race having to be squeezed into a 3-hour block.

Official Employee

Since there has been no further activity on this thread, I have gone ahead and completed this interaction. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!