Community Forum

Program language

Highlighted
New Poster

Program language

Why after about two seconds does my HBO, Showtime, Encore etc. switch fro English to Spanish? Prior to three days ago it do this

New Poster

Re: Program language

I was able to turn it back by selecting Xfinity on the remote, going to settings, go into accessibility settings and and switch video description from on to off. 

New Poster

This did not work for me. Well, it changed SOME channels, but they switched again, mysteriously. I am baffled!!! I have reset, refreshed and unplugged and started the TV up again as if it were new... still have the problem... HBO and The Movie Channel and others are currently in Spanish, while ALL other "regular" channels are in English. July 2019

New Poster

It worked! Thank you

Official Employee

This did not work for me. Well, it changed SOME channels, but they switched again, mysteriously. I am baffled!!! I have reset, refreshed and unplugged and started the TV up again as if it were new... still have the problem... HBO and The Movie Channel and others are currently in Spanish, while ALL other "regular" channels are in English. July 2019

tudor64, thanks for letting us know about your language issue on the forums. I'm happy to help troubleshoot with you or exchange your box if necessary. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!