Community Forum

Problem with MeTV Channel 196 in Oakland, CA

Regular Visitor

Problem with MeTV Channel 196 in Oakland, CA

It's been down since at least early Friday afternoon. The onscreen message says "The station normally seen on this channel is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We are working with the station owner to resolve this issue as soon as possible." I've contacted Comcast support; they have opened a ticket and have contacted MeTV but they seem very slow to respond. 

Has anyone else run into this?

New Poster

MeTV is not working. Why ?

MeTV channel 196 on Comcast has been off air for several days.  Creen says that Comcast is working with station owner to resolve this issue as soon as possible.  BS!  What is going on and when is it coming back?

New Poster

Re: Problem with MeTV Channel 196 in Oakland, CA

Yes, and I want it fixed. I'm missing Perry Mason!

New Poster

Re: MeTV is not working. Why ?

Please get this fixed. Missing Perry Mason!

New Poster

Customer Service Manager:

There appears to be a lack of urgency and poor communication.

You need to keep customers updated, not responding for serveral days is really poor decision making by management.

New Poster

Missing Hogan's Heroes. Please fix.

New Poster

Re: Problem with MeTV Channel 196 in Oakland, CA

Of all the channels offered by Comcast, MeTV is one of our favorites. We urge Comcast to solve the problem and reinstate the channel, now.

Official Employee

Hello Coolrules, I show that MeTV can be found on channel #196 in your area. Do you get an error message or a blank screen when trying to access this channel? Does another network play instead of MeTV? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

"The programming previously offered by this station is no longer being provided"

Comcast TV listing has "This" as the replacement for MeTv but there are no shows. as others have said, MeTv provided many viwers with good TV series shows from the past. they ran "Gunsmoke" from the beginning (season 1) through to later seasons in color. I think Comcast didn't want to pay what MeTv was asking and dropped them at the end of their contract. still plenty of FOX, Latin programming, sports that i never watch, and religious programs--all completely useless to me and which i wish i could delete from my listings, but NO, Comcast doesn't care and remains the most hated company in America

2018-03-30 13.44.37.jpg