Community Forum

Problem with DVR playback of new HD channels

Regular Contributor

Problem with DVR playback of new HD channels

I am having a problem with recording shows on 2 new channels that were just added to my lineup.  Channels Newsmax (1115) and i24 (1118) were just added to my lineup and I tried to record shows on both of them and all I got was the "Sorry, there was a problem with playback of this DVR recording. Would you like us to record it again for you?"  It seems to record the shows but I cannot play back.  I read on another Comcast TV forum  that they might be IPTV channels (would that matter?).  On the same forum I asked others if they can record and play back on these new channels and 2 said yes they can.  Is there something wrong in my area?  Thanks.    *update* I went to my brothers home for Christmas (he has same Comcast package as I do and lives about 15 minutes from my house) and tried to record and play back on his DVR and got the same thing.
Cannot play back recordings on those 2 channels.  Could there be a problem with the X1 signal in my area?

Official Employee

Re: Problem with DVR playback of new HD channels

Hi, kab1. Thanks for posting. I can definitely help you out with this. Have you guys tried resetting the boxes at all though?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Unplugging the box did not help.   Now I can record on channel 1118 but it goes strait to the cloud even though I have room on my hard drive.  Still cannot watch recordings on 1115.  A tech came out and said my signals were fine and  it may be a problem with the Chicago head end.  Are these IPTV  channels?  And can you record and play back IPTV channels from the hard drive?

Official Employee

Xfinity On Campus is an IPTV service that allows college students living on campus to stream live and Xfinity On Demand shows and movies to their laptops, desktops and mobile devices. I don't think that the service you subscribe to is part of that at all, so the channels you're referring to shouldn't be IPTV channels. Can you please send me a private message with your name though so I can take a look further into these new channels that are in question? Thank you! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

PM sent.

Official Employee

Thank you! I saw the message come through and I will reply momentarily. Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi, kab1. Since there are colleagues of mine currently investigating this and have plans to follow up with you further, please let us know if there is anything else we can take care of for you here. You're welcome to create a new post in that event. Thank you!