Community Forum

Premium channels not in HD

New Poster

Premium channels not in HD

So I just switched from Verizon to Comcast (BIG MISTAKE) and am truly amazed at the lack of HD content for HBO and Showtime - the only two premium packages I subscribed to. Only a single channel of each is HD.

I chatted with Comcast Support and actually had the agent insist that all of these were in HD. Clearly he didn't have a clue what he was talking about. Even had me power cycle my box after a supposed change on his end, which of course made no difference.

As I've seen in other messages on this forum, Comcast provides a standard useless response  - 'Lots of HD channels provided and you can see them all On Demand' then marks the thread as 'Answered'. I didn't subscribe to search On Demand for programming every evening. I subscribed because you told me HBO and Showtime channels were PREMIUM and in HD!! As a previous commenter stated, this is truly deceptive advertising and never mentioned by the Comcast reps pushing the packages.

Needless to say, I cancelled my HBO and Showtime packages and plan to cancel this whole Comcast experiment (I'm still within the 30 day period) and return to Verizon ASAP. Hopefully, any prospective customers reading this will not make the mistake I did.

Oh and BTW - Comcast will charge you for many On Demand shows also. A 30 minute previous episode of things like Brooklyn Nine Nine, Last Man Standing, or many others my wife has tried to watch will cost you $2.99-$3.99 each.

Official Employee

Re: Premium channels not in HD

Hi there, dl_smith. I can look into your channel line up for HD programs. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!