Community Forum

Pop TV has the TV Guide showing on the video

Regular Visitor

Pop TV has the TV Guide showing on the video

On the Pop TV channel, there is a scrolling tv guide superimposed on top of the video. The video is missing 1/2 the screen. It's like this 24/7. Is this a local thing or do all Pop TV shows this? It's on Channel 46 and 182. 

image.jpeg

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Pop TV has the TV Guide showing on the video

Looks like somebody accidentally turned on an old guide computer to show the overlay. I thought that was disabled several years ago.

Problem Solver

Hello HyperFast,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We will look into this issue for you and reach back out to you as soon as possible.

Admin1

HyperFast -- I was unable to duplicate this issue. Is it still present? 

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastZach,

Yes, the guide is still there. Maybe POP TV permanently added the scrolling guide on top of their video feed?

That's the only channel that has the permanent scrolling guide. Maybe it's there for advertising???

If I were to pause that channel, the video and guide are paused. I can rewind the show, the guide rewinds too.

I am using a TiVo Roamio. It's working great.

Admin1

That guide is definitely not supposed to be there. I checked the Pop TV station where I'm at locally and it's not showing up. I've started by refreshing entitlements to your cablecards to see if that'll clear that up. You can restart your Tivo as well. 

Let me know if any of that helps. If it doesn't I'll need to send this over to a local team in your area to look at. 

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastZach,

Thank you for checking on this. I restarted the TiVo.

The guide is still on there.  I took some photos. The second one is the TiVo guide. On the upper right, it shows the Pop TV with the guide. 

IMG_0495.JPGIMG_0497.JPG

Admin1

I'll send this over to a high level technical team to assess. They'll contact you for any further troubleshooting or what our next course of action is. 

Regular Visitor

Ok, Thank you ComcastZach.

Admin1

You're welcome.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue.