Community Forum

Pixelation on ch 243; Same problem as in 2018 on ch 206

Frequent Visitor

Pixelation on ch 243; Same problem as in 2018 on ch 206

Hi, I have pixelation on ch 243.  <Edited> Last year I had the same problem on ch 206.  The fix then followed a sequance of a tech checking out all connections in my house, then checking the line to the house, then techs replaced a cable line completely down the street, then finally replaced an electronic box on the pole.  <Edited>.  This problem, first reported 2 weeks ago still occurs daily.  Can someone get assigned to this and take ownership until solved?  Thanks. John <Edited>Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 9.02.30 AM.png

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Pixelation on ch 243; Same problem as in 2018 on ch 206

It’s the same process, do you need assistance scheduling a tech to come out.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Andrew.  I ended up calling for help.  Tony was here yesterday and found water in the "drop" line.  This line was installed 12 months ago!  So far today there has been no pixelation, but usually it starts later in the morning.  Hopefully I'm all set.  I appreciate the offer for help!

Official Employee

tzk3jk, glad to hear it! Please let us know if it returns and I'll be happy to pitch in as well. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@tzk3jk
Glad you got it fixed. Water on the line is tough, a loose connection or a little slice in the cable and water/moisture is in there

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I will do that.  Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Hi, the pixelation problem has returned.  It is 3:30pm on Aug 21st  and I just returned home.  There was an Xfinity truck at the house nect door (148 Canfield Dr, Mount Clemens, MI 48043).  And a ladder at the utility post where my line is attached.  I went inside and noticed the pixelation on ch 243 and ch 210.

I went over and explained that Tony was here Monday the 19th and replaced my drop line as it had water in it.  The Comcast employee working next door said all he did was hook up a new service and had not touched my line.

I asked if he would report this new (but ongoing) problem.  He said he would.  Thanks guys for monitoring this.

John Bieske

144 Canfield Dr, Mt. C 48043

Frequent Visitor

It's now 5:30pm Aug 21st and the problem appears to be resolved.  The tech did not stop by so I don't know if he did anything or if one of you techs did a reset.  The TV did undergo some sort of reset.  Thanks to any and all who continue to help.  Best regards, John B

Frequent Visitor

The problem started again yesterday 8-27-19 and continues today.  Can you get a tech out?  Tony was out about a week or two ago and replaced the drop line because it had water in it.  The same line was replaced in 2018.  Things worked well until a new service was added next door.   This years problem pixelation is now going on for almost 30 days.  Thanks for any help you or anyone might provide.  Best regards, John Bieske 144 Canfield Dr, Mount Clemens 48043

Frequent Visitor

Hi, the pixelation has returned.  Can you help get this weeks long issue resolved?  Thanks