Community Forum

Phillies games in southern York County

New Poster

Phillies games in southern York County

I am a Philadelphia Phillies fan living in the town of New Freedom in southern York County, Pennsylvania. I have been a subscriber to Comcast cable since moving to New Freedom over twenty years ago.   However, the New Freedom area is a dead zone for being able to watch Phillies games on a daily basis.

The majority of Phillies games are carried on NBC Sports Philadelphia.  Unfortunately, NBC Sports Philadelphia is not carried on the Comcast cable line-up in southern Your County.

Occasionally, Phillies games are carried on NBC Sports Philadelphia Plus and NBC 10 affiliate stations.   I am able to watch Phillies games when they are on these stations.  So it must be permissible to carry Phillies games on Comcast cable in my area.  In fact, I checked into a subscription to the MLB Network, but found that Phillies games are blacked out on the MLB network in my area.  So New Freedom, PA is considered Phillies territory by MLB.

Why is NBC Sports Philadelphia not carried on the cable line-up in southern York County? 

New Poster

Re: Phillies games in southern York County

I have this exact same issue and no one at Comcast/Xfinity can provide an answer.  To add to your points, I moved to the area in 2015 and after learning zip code 17349 was out of network, I subscribed to MLB TV for three season - 2015, 2016 & 2017 and was able to watch all 162 games per year with no issue.  It was only this year - 2018 - that zip code 17349 was added to the "blackout list" for the Phillies.  I invested many hours over the course of many calls to Comcast/Xfinity (and MLB.com) with no one being able to provide me with an answer.  It was only after speaking with several different people on the Comcast/Xfinity "Tier Three" help line that I was finally told to physically write a letter to the Comast HQ.  

It is a rididulous error on the part of Comcast because the solution is so simple.  Either A) continue to claim zip 17349 as in network and begin providing us coverage of the games or reinstate the zip code to it's former status and remove it from the blackout list so that the fans can purchase the broadcast from third party providers.  It is a very, very frustrating error on Comcast/Xfinity's part.