Community Forum

Paying for Basic Plan, yet every channel requires a subscription.

New Poster

Paying for Basic Plan, yet every channel requires a subscription.

I'm a first time Comcast customer, so forgive me if I'm missing anything, but back when I ordered the Comcast Cable and Internet, I had chosen the most basic plan they have, as I don't watch sports, I don't want the dozens of ESPNs or movie channels as I have Netflix. When I spoke to the associate, I made a list of channels that I did want, such as Travel Channel for example. Yet that, among a few others, say right out of the gate "You must be subscribed". Why do I need a subscription if the basic plan includes Travel Channel?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Paying for Basic Plan, yet every channel requires a subscription.

I am under the impression that there are two different "basic plans" - Limited and Expanded.

Limited does not have any "cable stations" except (I think) for things like C-SPAN. Expanded does have some additional channels, but they differ from city to city.

Can you log into your online account? You should be able to see a list of what channels you can receive there, as well as details of just what level of service you have.

Official Employee

Re: Paying for Basic Plan, yet every channel requires a subscription.

Hi there, Jman304.

I can look into your account and see what channel line up you are in and clarify anything for you. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!