Community Forum

Open Letter to Xfinity Dropping Channels without Customer Input or Warning

New Poster

Open Letter to Xfinity Dropping Channels without Customer Input or Warning

Where to begin?

I am absolutely ticked off about Xfinity dropping channels such as Oxygen, WeTV and ID. This makes ZERO sense to me. I was told by numerous chat reps (check the transcripts - you guys wanna record conversations for benefit, well look how misinformed and lied to I was for over a week) that these channels would be in my new plan. When the channels were still not showing up after a few days I was told they weren't included, in fact Xfinity dropped the channels all together. Oh thanks! Were you planning on telling me? Do you plan on telling you other customers, because I guarantee on everything that you will be receiving many complaints once people see these channels are dropped. Did you think about surveying customers to see their needs before dropping them? Nope. Did you do your research? Again nope, because you would see the amount of women especially ages 20-50 that would absolutely reject this.

From what I got from the questionable chat reps, you guys dropped these channels to save XFINITY money, no care whatsoever on the customers. If you still have the channels they will be gone by July 1st - I was told.  Even though we pay an outrageous amount monthly for horrible channels and services. You guys are really unbelievable, continuously scamming and ripping off people. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Open Letter to Xfinity Dropping Channels without Customer Input or Warning

I whole heartedly agree with the open letter to Comcast.  I pay almost $200.00 a month for TV from you people and just drop the one of the ONLY channels I watch that I don't have to pay extra for!!!

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE to say the least.  

New Poster

I have been fighting with comcast for the past week or 2 over these dropped channels. The reason I signed up for this service was because of these channels. I did not know that they no longer carried them. It is not right that we pay all this money and can't even get the channels we want. I sure hope they do the right thing and bring them back or they will start losing customers...

Official Employee

Hello All, 

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I will pass along this information.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!