Community Forum

One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

New Poster

One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

I'm not currently a cable subscriber, but I would subscribe if Comcast add OANN to their lineup. It would be both a practical ( give subscribers what they want ) and symbolic ( support the real Fair and Balanced news network. 

Make it happen , Comcast!

Valued Contributor

Re: One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

@redkomrad wrote:

I'm not currently a cable subscriber, but I would subscribe if Comcast add OANN to their lineup. It would be both a practical ( give subscribers what they want ) and symbolic ( support the real Fair and Balanced news network. 

Make it happen , Comcast!

I've watched OAN. It is far from balanced, with low production values and a very small viewership. Its anchors appear very robotic in their presentation. I saw one two-minute news story recently and the entire time, a description caption for a different story appeared. Was everyone at OAN sleeping and didn't notice? 

"Nielsen is measuring the network in what's known as the metered markets -- the biggest metro areas in the country. In those markets, in the second quarter of this year, OANN has been averaging just 14,000 viewers at any given time of day. Fox News has been averaging 631,000 viewers in those same markets."

Official Employee

Hello @redkomrad, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about One America News Network. We examine channel lineups often to offer the best content available. We appreciate your interest in Comcast and we would love to become your service provider. Please send me a Private Message if you would like me to go over any promotions with you or answer any other questions you may have. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello @redkomrad, I never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me a private message if you are still interested in having Comcast as your service provider. We're are here to help, thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!