Xfinity Community Forum

Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts
New to the Community? Start here.

One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

Regular Visitor

Re: One America News Network - the new CNN - will we get it?

I don't understand why you will not add One America News??? I know many many people who have opted not to have Comcast because you do not carry it. Most likely, we will be dropping you once our contract ends so we can get One America News with a different provider.  

Official Employee

MPSOLDIER777 wrote:

I don't understand why you will not add One America News??? I know many many people who have opted not to have Comcast because you do not carry it. Most likely, we will be dropping you once our contract ends so we can get One America News with a different provider.  

Just to add some additional background:

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

We don't have any announcements to make regarding the addition of this channel at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding this channel in Comcast areas.

Any potential channel addition(s) would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

I realize that is not the answer that most of you were looking for but that is the current situation and an accurate answer.

The reality is that there could be a deal announced next week, next month, next year or not at all. Depends on the many factors I outlined above.

Thanks for your question, your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared.

Certainly not the same - but FYI - customers with X1 can easily get to some of OAN's top stories anytime on TV via the YouTube App. Press the XFINITY button on the remote control, select the Apps button then select YouTube.  You can search for OAN using the on-screen keyboard.

Official Employee
Moved:

Message contains a hyperlink

Message removed As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ForumPolicy#ForumPolicy Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Regular Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:
Message removed As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ForumPolicy#ForumPolicy Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

You can move it, but nothing changes. The truth hurts doesn't it, Ted. I can't wait until my contract is up so I can dump Comcast and all of their services.

Official Employee

workerdummy wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

You can move it, but nothing changes. The truth hurts doesn't it, Ted. I can't wait until my contract is up so I can dump Comcast and all of their services.

You should really read the Forum Guidelines. 

This forum is set up as a place where customers can get assistance and guidance.

If you want to continue to make the same repeated remarks about the process, this forum or this company, there are many other places that this sort of thing can be done outside of this forum.

Thanks again.

Expert

I notice that Roku has the network for $4.99 (appears to be a one time charge). 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

We only watch the basic networks & fox maybe we should just go to Roku or HD Air antennae just keep Internet & Our phone?
Contributor

If you look closer, that one time $4.99 is for each month.

Expert

Gargoyle8 wrote:

If you look closer, that one time $4.99 is for each month.

just looked again. On my Roku app, it just says 4.99 with no per month. I didn't click on the link. did you see that it is per month when clicking on the link?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Re: One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

Please add one america news. I had them with direct tv. If i would have known comcast didnt have one america i would have stuck with direct tv. At the end of my contract ill switch back if oan isnt included in the line up.
Tags (1)
New Poster

When will Comcast add OAN to its channel line up

When will Comcast add OAN to its channel line up?

Expert
Moved:

Re: When will Comcast add OAN to its channel line up

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Frequent Visitor

OAN

I am asking as well as the other customers to have OAN added to the schedule, I like to get a non-bias news report, that reports fairly!

New Poster

Comcast needs to have OAN network. Please get this ball moving Comcast
Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Your reply is very direct, clear, and honest. However, I suggest you and other employees of Comcast consider getting ahead of the curve. Add OANN.
New Poster

I'd love to see One America News ... Comcast is constantly adding channels and the vast majority are useless with very little interest. Here you have a news station that is straightforward, no-nonsense, and has a ready market - but Comcast refuses to add the station. Why?
Highlighted
Official Employee
Solution

@BaconThinker wrote:
I'd love to see One America News ... Comcast is constantly adding channels and the vast majority are useless with very little interest. Here you have a news station that is straightforward, no-nonsense, and has a ready market - but Comcast refuses to add the station. Why?

Just to add some additional background:

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

We don't have any announcements to make regarding the addition of this channel at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding this channel in Comcast areas.

Any potential channel addition(s) would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

I realize that is not the answer that most of you were looking for but that is the current situation and an accurate answer.

The reality is that there could be a deal announced next week, next month, next year or not at all. Depends on the many factors I outlined above.

Thanks for your question, your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared.

Certainly not the same - but FYI - customers on our X1 platform can easily get to some of OAN's top stories anytime on TV via the YouTube App. Press the XFINITY button on the remote control, select the Apps button then select YouTube.  You can search for OAN using the on-screen keyboard.

Frequent Visitor

One America News Network

Does Comcast Xfinity has plans to include One America News Network into it's cable news lineup. If not what can I do to make it happen?

New Poster

OAN on Cable

I want OAN News.

New Poster

Re: Add One America News to Lineup

Comcast needs to add OANN to the lineup soon. It is a great news channel. Get it done!
New Poster

ADD ONE AMERICA NEWS. Comcast I can’t wait until U Verse opens up fiber in my area. Bye bye.
New Poster

I also would like this chanel (OAN) 

Thank you

Regular Visitor

Same Cut and paste reply that we got over a year ago, time to change your tune, and give us a Real answer.

Expert

@mwowm wrote:

Same Cut and paste reply that we got over a year ago, time to change your tune, and give us a Real answer.

if you have a smart device or a desk/laptop or even a Roku you can subscribe for around $5 per month now.

Frequent Visitor

Re: One America News Network

I will also be leaving Comcast when my contract is up in October if OANN is not added to my channel line up. We currently have phone, internet and tv.
Expert

REMINDER

This thread is about requesting OANN programming.  The mods have left the thread open as it is a frequent topic on this board. At this time Comcast has not announced any plans to carry OANN. You may want to consider submitting a Customer Feedback Form to request OANN.

Please remember:

Messages containing religious, political, racially, or sexually offensive content, name-calling, profanity, insults, or other inappropriate content will be removed; the member's posting privileges may also be revoked. - Forum Guideline

Thank you!

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Contributor

I would also like to request to have this channel added.

With some of the changes over at Fox News over the past year, there are only a few programs that I watch on them. CNN and MSNBC are a joke.

Regular Visitor

Also interesting that I can't thumb up/kudo messages anymore, yet the generic pro comcast message has 3 kudos. LOL

Every new message is add OANN, yet the company rhetoric gets thumbed up. As if.

New Poster

Please add One America to the Xfinity line up.
New Poster

I have sent requests to Comcast via Twitter to add this station. We are sick of MSM.
Expert

You can request a channel be added to the Comcast channel lineup here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

We want One America News Network we don't want to listening to the repetitive garbage like CNN, MSNBC and Fox are out of luck. I would like to know exactly who is this group that decided CNN is worth watching. I would like to suggest removing CNN cause it's fake lies and not worth watching. Replace that channel with One America New Network. How many signatures do you need and give me that contact.

Frequent Visitor

I agree but when I push on the kudos button nothing happens.
Frequent Visitor

I totally agree with you. Comcast needs to listen to their customers!! If there is a petition or lawsuit, I would like to sign it.
Expert

You can request a channel be added to the Comcast channel lineup here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Looks like Comcast doesn’t care about their customers. We were thinking about picking up xfinity for our cell phones in 30 days when our contract with Verizon expires. Looks like we’ll be keeping Verizon and adding our home phones, internet and tv since they carry OANN in October when our contract is up with Comcast.
Valued Contributor

@Al53 wrote:

I'm a paying customer that doesn't skip paying the bill. To be fair Comcast has channels that are a waste of time. America One News is exactly what the others should be doing but don't. The CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, CNBC all these New groups have one thing in common. They don't report news they report commenty that is bias. I am a conservate and I am asking for One America News to be put into the line up. The BS at Comcast is staggering the excuses for not adding One America to our lineup, it don't add up. It's not Comcast decision to decide what my political views should be. But that's exactly what their doing by determining that all politics that feed over Comcast is left wing. Comcast has decided the customers cannot listen to One America cause Democrats will change political affiliation once they hear a news station with common sense. What is the viewship of CNN? It's low enough to dump and replace with One America. If you do not add this I hope someone will start a class action lawsuit. Cause this has been going on long enough. Has anyone started a PETITION?

Fox News has financial reasons for OANN to not have a carriage deal with Comcast. Another conservative voice will draw viewers/ratings away from FNC, the only news network currently serving conservative viewers. Neither CNN not MSNBC would lose much in the ratings if OANN is added. Ratings = advertising dollars.

Frequent Visitor

Well I already quit watching fox, so they wouldn’t be losing me if I could get OANN.
New Poster

I was a past customer of Direct TV and OAN and AWE we're two of my favorites. I would love to see them on Comcast.
New Poster

Fat chance! Look at the 1000s of people who have been "asking" for OANN. Comcast cares not a lick.

Valued Contributor

1000s?
New Poster

This topic alone was started in January, 2015 not to mention the numerous other threads concening OAN.  Just search the board for OAN.

But still, THREE YEARS later, Comcast is still staring at the floor, shuffling their feet and saying "Well...its complicated."  Yeah, right.  Why are AT&T U-verse, CenturyLink PRISM, DirecTV, GCI and Verizon FiOS able to do the deal and offer OAN nationally when the Big Boy on the Block, Comcast, just can't get it done.   OAN isn't even offered in any local test markets.

Sorry, this customer just ain't buying it.   It is not that they can't add OAN.  It is becoming obvious that, for whatever reason, they just won't add the channel.

Most of us found OAN on YouTube or around the net.  Thing is, I don't need Comcast TV lineup to watch OAN.  I have an antenna for local new and the net for the national news that I want to watch.  I only keep Comcast TV as a convenience but that is short lived.  Not much reason to keep it around now.

Frequent Visitor

I agree. I’ve done all of their steps including submitting feed back and pm’d their customer service page on twitter. Always the same response and a waste of time. Comcast is flat out not going to add OANN.
Valued Contributor

Let's figure this out.

As we know, most cable channels get much of their revenue from commercials. (Premium channels that are commercial-free are paid totally by subscriber fees.) How much they charge sponsors depends on their ratings. In order to determine ratings, the networks subscribe to the Neilsen ratings service. OANN does NOT subscribe to Neilsen. My guess is that Comcast wants to see how many households actually watch OANN before committing to paying (and passing on the fee to its customers) for OANN. Until OANN subscribes to Neilson, what incentive does Comcast have to carry the network? The link below shows the current Neilsen coverage of ALL channels that pay for its ratings service.

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/august-cable-coverage-estimates-drops-for-espn-nbcsn-fs1-btn-espnu.h...

Frequent Visitor

That is U~Tube not live stream.

New Poster

I'll concede the Neilson theory, but why didn't that stop U-verse or Fios?  Those communication giants just took a leap of faith?  And why no local test markets?

Honestly, there is a ton of trash on those lineups...stuff I have never met anyone who watches.  Maybe they are just dirt cheap filler channels, I don't know.  But you can't convince me that they put 3 years of intensive research into the ratings on that group of channels.

Here we have an (at least) three year,  sustained demand for a channel and from the 'hemming and hawing' type answers, Comcast is not even considering adding OAN.  From my end, this just doesn't pass the smell test.

New Poster

Comcast is a Liberal owned station. They push liberal shows & race division shows in our face. Ist they tell me if enough people request it they will add it. Now they tell me they had it several years ago but lost it when they wanted too much money from Comcast to carry it. They claim they are back in negotiations with oann. I won’t hold my breath!
New Poster

TERRIBLE answers from LEFT WING Comcast!!!  Give your CUSTOMERS what they ask for!!!  I am SURE this will be deleted!

Official Employee

@Wifiwizard wrote:

TERRIBLE answers from LEFT WING Comcast!!!  Give your CUSTOMERS what they ask for!!!  I am SURE this will be deleted!

Which part of the earlier answer(s) and responses are terrible and untrue? 

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.  There are many channels that we do not yet offer based on the criteria that I presented earlier.